Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a little bit of info for the Area 6. The match will be held May 5-7 at South River Gun Club (same place as last year). We will have the same format as last year with slots for all day Friday, OR all day Saturday, OR 1/2 day Saturday and 1/2 day Sunday. We will allow inspection of stages before and during the match as long as it does not impede the building of the stages or shooting of the stages. I will post more on this later as things come together... Happy Holidays and we hope to see you there. :D

this will be my first trip to the Area 6 match. after last years turnout i told myself i had to make the drive down.

see you all there.

Thomas,

Made the trip for the first time last year. It is a long trip and made an arduous weekend. Definitely going back. 'Nuff said.

Thanks, BDH! I am still getting my act together, but we are doing this a couple of weeks earlier than last year, so the temp could go either way. The match hotels will probably be the same - the Conyers Holiday Inn or the Conyers LaQuinta, but there are plenty of others in the area. I will post more info soon. ;)

The drive to the range from Conyers is definitely easier/simpler than the drive from Covington. The heat factor shooting Sat-morning and Sun-morning is noticeably lower than trying to shoot on Sat-afternoon. The afternoon start is a nice option if you live within a couple hours of the range, though.

The rocks on the walking paths make a typical airport-type luggage cart 100% useless at that range. A big 4-wheel wagon for you gear might work, or the 3-wheel baby-jogger carts, if the wheels are BIG. Best option of all for lugging you gear is probably the new shooter's backpacks. I was very jealous of how Max & Travis got around the stages with their backpacks - a lot less fatigue there than my gear. Whichever way you go, lighten your load as much as possible and leave seldom-used stuff in your car.

It's a great match, 2006 will be my 5th time at that range.

Hey David,

How did you like the Ga. climate?

Last year Area 6 was in May and it was already hot enough to bake a pizza.

Little different from Indiana, huh.

Tony

Tony,

First time last year I had to worry about hydration. Well worth it, however.

David

• 3 weeks later...

Atlanta is the best place to fly into. I think we finished around 5:30 pm with awards, etc. last year and would have finished sooner had I not had to deal with a county sheriff during the time I was working on finals. We had a small accident on the range (not gun related) and I was the MD so it fell to me to deal with him. We will be using the same schedule this year, so if you set your flight for say, 7:30pm or later, you should have no problem. The airport is 45 min to 1 hour from the range.

Cindy

• 1 month later...

I don't know about the match hotel yet, but I think Cindy does, I'll find out. There were be online squadding, in fact, I set it up today, but it's currently closed until after we key in some names. Stages as usual won't be published I should think until around April, which is when the rest of the match book is printed as well.

Match Host Hotel

We have two hotels in Conyers off of I-20 East that have blocks of rooms for our match. Please use the code ‘Area 6’ to get the discounted rate. The LaQuinta Hotel (770-918-0092) has a rate of $82 for doubles and $92 for kings. The Hampton Inn (877-204-5825) has double rooms for $79. Both hotels are approximately 15 miles from the range and have hot breakfasts each morning. The blocks of rooms will be released on 4/15/06. One exit down from these hotels is the Holiday Inn (770-483-3220) where we have stayed in the past. We don’t have a special rate there, but it is around $65-$70 per night. Other hotels in the area will be about the same distance from the range and there are good restaurants nearby.

We have one hotel in McDonough that is a favorite of some of our folks that come up from I-75 South. The Best Inn (770-957-5821) has agreed to give us double rooms for $36 per night. The code for this hotel is ‘Area 6’. There are some good restaurants nearby, but not as many as in Conyers. It is about the same distance from the range as Conyers.

I'm looking forward to attending the Area 6 this year... My first time for a match in GA, it'll be great after the cold winter season up here in the Green Mountains!

I sent in my application a few weeks ago. Haven't heard anything back yet. Has anyone else who sent an app. in a while back gotten a confirmation? Just wondering if I need to follow up; I wouldn't want to end up having to squad late since may travel plans limit when I can shoot...

Self-squadding (and by appearing on the list, implied confirmation) is now available here. I added all these today. If you did not receive an email notification of squadding, you either did not write down an email address or your email address was wrong. Thanks.

Edited by wgnoyes

• 2 weeks later...

All-Day Saturday is now sold out, though some small amount of wiggle-room may be possible. Email cgnoyes@bellsouth.net before sending in any Saturday fullday registrations to check on availability.

Edited by wgnoyes

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking things out.......

On the Self Squadding list......there are 199 squadded or unsquadded.

I know of several others that have sent their entry forms in but are not listed yet(timing I'm sure as Bill and Cindy are pretty good at this stuff)! ;)

So that makes it over 200 entries with2 months to go.......and only 350 available, If you're thinking of going......Get them in!!!!! :wacko::wacko::wacko:

See ya'll there!

HOPALONG

Yep, I'll be there! Shooting on Friday and RO'ing Sat & Sun. Looking forward to seeing all of you come through my stage (what ever that one will be), be sure to say hello. I'm going to try to have a badge or something with my Stage Name, er... I mean Screen Name.

Only 7 weeks to go! :o

GlockSpeed31

Edited by GlockSpeed31

Yep, I'll be there! Shooting on Friday and RO'ing Sat & Sun. Looking forward to seeing all of you come through my stage (what ever that one will be), be sure to say hello. I'm going to try to have a badge or something with my Stage Name, er... I mean Screen Name.

Only 7 weeks to go! :o

GlockSpeed31

Michael,

Look here. I made one from the jpg's in that thread a couple of years ago and have had a lot of people notice it.