Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X5 retention holster

Shooter212

Purchase the holster for an XDM 9mm 5.25" gun.  It works for my Sig P320 X5s.  GLS 578 PF I believe.

I have one for my compact I would sell to you.  The X5 will stick out of the bottom of the holster but it works great for compact and/or Full size 320s.

Let me know if you are interested.

• 1 month later...

Yes: https://safariland.com/products/model-7ts-7390rds-als-mid-ride-level-i-retention-duty-holster-model_7390rds

But you have to run a light for the holster to work.  That's what I did at multigun Nats, though I ran a modified 6300 series from Ghostmen designs because I believe Safariland just started offering this X5 holster very recently.

I have the Safariland above and I don't need a light to lock it in.  I run 320 full and x5 in it, as well and 320 full with a hodge comp once I cut the bottom.

https://safariland.com/products/model-7376rds-e2-80-93-7ts-als-hi-ride-belt-loop-holster-model_7376rds

I bought this on and hung it off a BOSS hanger with Safariland attachment. 

On 3/9/2022 at 5:21 AM, Boomstick303 said:

Purchase the holster for an XDM 9mm 5.25" gun.  It works for my Sig P320 X5s.  GLS 578 PF I believe.

I have one for my compact I would sell to you.  The X5 will stick out of the bottom of the holster but it works great for compact and/or Full size 320s.

Let me know if you are interested.

Will this work with an Optic fitted?

19 hours ago, terrydoc said:

Will this work with an Optic fitted?

I believe it would work with just about every optic.  The one caveat might be an SRO directly mounted to the slide.  I did not try that because my SRO was mounted on an adapter plate second gen Springer Adapter plate.  The first gen optic plate from Springer Precision for the SRO also had the front of the optic hanging over the ejection port so its possible there might be an issue there.  

On 3/8/2022 at 1:09 PM, Shooter212 said:

Anyone know which if any safari land gls or als holster fits an X5. I am looking for a cheaper retention holster for 3 gun. 

GLS wide long is what you seek. I ran my P320 X5 Legion with DPP in it for two years before I swapped over to an Alpha-X.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2022 at 7:09 PM, terrydoc said:

Received my Safariland 578 gls yesterday, seems to work great. I seems to have a bit of movement vertically ( still secure) is there a way to tension vertical movement? 

Did you use tune the retention screw thing? IIRC, right below the locking mechanism.

On 4/28/2022 at 5:09 PM, terrydoc said:

Received my Safariland 578 gls yesterday, seems to work great. I seems to have a bit of movement vertically ( still secure) is there a way to tension vertical movement? 

There is also an insert that you can install that may take some of the slop out.  I think the insert is for different widths of trigger guards if my memory serves me right.

Edited by Boomstick303

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 9:59 AM, costeel said:

Received mine today, safariland 578-450-411. Wide/long.

A little bit of up down movement, but locks in secure and draws smooth.

Same thing here but guns not going anywhere its not meant to.

• 4 months later...