Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best trigger mod for reset

Bakerjd

I have the Armory Craft double adjustable trigger with extra power reset spring and the Gray Guns other trigger goodies. I have a hard time getting the trigger to reset, not that it gets stuck or anything, I just short stroke it. This is after months of dry and live fire. Is their anything else I can do to make it better?

If you are short stroking the trigger does it matter what else you do to the trigger?  Changing the trigger is not going to fix the problem, is it?  Strong hand tension is most likely the cause I would think. Play around with hand tension during dry fire. It might help.  

Having switched over from Open and shooting DA/SA guns, I feel like the P320 just has a naturally long reset. If there are any reset mods, it's something that I'd look to pursue aside from dry fire. I don't click bang but the long reset definitely makes it harder to run the gun faster at close targets. Getting used to the platform, I don't think it's holding me back but it would be cool if there were products out there to reduce the reset length.

5 hours ago, touji said:

Having switched over from Open and shooting DA/SA guns, I feel like the P320 just has a naturally long reset. If there are any reset mods, it's something that I'd look to pursue aside from dry fire. I don't click bang but the long reset definitely makes it harder to run the gun faster at close targets. Getting used to the platform, I don't think it's holding me back but it would be cool if there were products out there to reduce the reset length.

IMO, this video has very good info on reducing reset and pretravel:

https://youtu.be/6Ym852bbrCc

It's also my understanding that this is how one of the popular Sig Smiths modifies his components for the Competition Level Action Job...........

https://www.thesigarmorer.com/

Of course the video above is being accomplished with modified, stock components.

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp

The break and reset are very crisp.  I don’t know how to post a video but shoot me a PM with your number if you would like me to text you one.  Short of a Canik it is best striker fire trigger out there according to fellow USPSA guys who are more sensitive to triggers than myself.

27 minutes ago, B585 said:

The break and reset are very crisp.  I don’t know how to post a video but shoot me a PM with your number if you would like me to text you one.  Short of a Canik it is best striker fire trigger out there according to fellow USPSA guys who are more sensitive to triggers than myself.

Sent you a couple of PMs

;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried the Apex, Grayguns, and now have the sig armorer trigger.  None of them are *needed* and the factory trigger can be trained around and is pretty good on the Legion.  I don't find a huge difference in split times between them (I have the GG kit on my backup CO gun) but every mental aspect can help.  Not as much as dry firing thought 🙂

That being said, the Sig Armorer trigger is amazing but comes at a high cost and you'll be without your gun for a bit...