Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

113 acres in the Texas Hill Country

mreed911

I've been looking for a year.  Finally found the place this weekend... two, actually, being carved out of a much larger parcel.  Total of 113 acres bisected by a maintained county road with electricity and fiber optic internet service.  150 foot elevation differences and 30 mile views.  No deed restrictions, neighbors are all either large ranches or 20+ acre personal tracts.

Whitetail, axis, hog, javelina, turkey, and of course rattlesnake.

Officially under contract, finishing financing and waiting to close.

Edited by mreed911

Congrats!!!  I remember when I bought my piece of land back in 2008 and it was very liberating knowing I would have always have a place to hunt, shoot and camp.  No more asking permission to hunt someone else's land or just show up and shoot.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Coming back to this... have harvested two deer this year.  Just walking the property to get the lay of it has been interesting.... found an old tree stand the other day that looks like it saw good use!

1132000505_IMG_4627copy.thumb.jpeg.00810172689d5dbbd40b91db2ee0a7e9.jpeg

Edited by mreed911

• 6 months later...
23 minutes ago, 99mpower said:

ive been looking everyone in the area, trying to find a decent piece of land, without getting charged crazy money

You're years too late.  Yet it will continue to appreciate!

12 minutes ago, mreed911 said:

You're years too late.  Yet it will continue to appreciate!

you are right about that... id love to find it for $2500-$3500 an acre for 75-125 acres... thats a tough call though right now

13 minutes ago, 99mpower said:

you are right about that... id love to find it for $2500-$3500 an acre for 75-125 acres... thats a tough call though right now

That's absolutely gone.  I bought mine more than a year ago at $4500/acre and comps around me are above $8000/acre already.