Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gsi Bullet Feeder

I was looking at the GSI bullet feeders and was wondering if it is worth buying. I have a 650 with a case feeder. Anyone bought one of these bullet feeders yet?

Edited by tpcdvc

It looks really cool. I'm hoping it will work well without the electric auto feeder and then I would add that when it becomes available. I just don't know if it will really speed thing up without the auto feeder.

Howdy All,

I called GSI last week and was told they are planning on a Jan shipping date. The price is going to be 795.00 for a RL-1050 set-up. Didn't ask about the XL-650. The tool head for the 650 has a price on the website, but I don't remember what it is. Happy Thanksgiving everybody

Huston in Austin

• 4 weeks later...

I have one for a 650 that has not proved to be any faster than I can load by hand.

GSI introduced the feed system only at the 05 SMM3G last March of 05 for a special price of $219.95 with out the auto feed. They said at that time the auto feed was still being designed and would be out in the next year. It is a very high quality made product. My thougt was I could lay out the $220 and give it a try, then add the auto bullet feeder when available.

Ordered in March recieved in June after calling Exavier a few times to keep it moving.

After installation on my press I immediately was having problems with it crushing bullets in feed wheel. When loading with (auto feed everything) when one of the stations has a problem it get out of sequence and its a chore to clear up and get it back in order.

Any way I called GSI and spoke with Exavier and he thought the bullet seating die was the cullprit. I sent him a handful of Zero 121 JHP's and a week later I had a new seating die. I set it back up and it was much better but still was having problems. It would not run more than around ten rounds with out a jamb. After strugling thru a few thousand round I removed the dies and set it on mt bench.

Fast forward to 11/11/05 GSI had there 1050 bullet feeder with the bullet rotory feed system.(Proto type) in the tent and was taking orders. It also look like a very precision make piece. I spoke with Exavier and told him that I was having trouble and had removed it from my machine. He was very nice and said that they had made some improvements to it, and mine was an early one (Beta).

I brought it to him on Sunday for him to take back to there shop for upgrades.

I went out to there shop and pick my toolhead up about 1 week ago and have not put it on one of my machines yet to see if it is working correctly now. I have 2 650's and a 1050 and I am not yet going to lay down for the new rotory bullet feeder yet.

GSI is definetly onto something here I am not sure that all the issues have been work out yet. There parts and machine work are beautiful but maybe in the Beta stage yet. They will work with you and profesional.

I just got my GSI International bullet feeder for my 650. Brand new so it is a little stiff but looks like a very good machined product. Wait till I get'er broke in.

They will have the electric bullet rotary feeder part ready sometime in January. Sweet!

They make them for Dillon 650's and very soon for the 1050.

For more information see: www.gsiinternational.com

Had a few issues with the first 50 or so rounds but after that and with a smooth stoke it is getting better. While it "might" not be faster than I can do by hand I really like not having to touch anything but the handle.

Check out this video of me loading 14 rounds in 40 seconds. Not trying to go fast but that is 1000/hr easy.

http://www.commencefiring.com/files/Specia...ulletFeeder.avi

Lee Neel

This is a small operation, I experienced slow response via email but they were quick to answer the phone and were very nice to deal with. Call Xaivier or Tamia.

TOLL FREE 877-951-1890

The problem is i have to call from the Netherlands, so i can not use the toll free number.

• 2 weeks later...

Update,

Got a chance to try out my updated 650 bullet feeder system after GSI got it back to me.

It Is working much better. I was able to load about 400 round this time be fore I had a malfunction.

The bullet extentions spring that is on the feed wheel got mashed in the jam. GSI had included a spare one this time so is changed it out and it ran fine again.

I called GSI they are going to mail me a spare one to have on hand. I decieded to try the rotory bullet feeder. So I orderd one time will tell.