Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best rapid pistol safes for Bedside access

Nick_shoots_fast

I’m having my first child and I can no longer keep my handgun out in the open on my night stand. 

it’s a full size CZ with a stream light on it and I need some recommendations on safes. 

im really worried about electronic safes just due to the fact of “another thing could go wrong”. But I like how fast you can get to your gun. 

what do you guys suggest?

Don't own an electronic safe, but if worried about complexity, why not consider a Simplex locked handgun safe?

No batteries, easy to open in dark.  V line and Ft Knox are some brands that still make Simplex locked ones. Old school but very reliable.

Mark

• 2 months later...

If you haven’t gotten one yet by chance, I was in the same boat. I got a vaultek. Ti20 I believe is the model. Has a key backup, code entry, and fingerprint entry. Can also link to phone via blue tooth to open remotely and check the battery life. The lid is spring activated so it opens quickly. LED light on the inside that’s adjustable. 20 fingerprints eligible with the first two being “master” prints. Fits my sig x compact and spare mag easily. Plenty of room to grab both without fumbling. Hope this helps. 

• 1 month later...

+1 on Vaultek

I’ve sold several to customers and have had no complaints. They don’t necessarily do too much different besides their app feature but they do the biometric side better than other companies we’ve carried. Plus we’ve played around with the same display for about three years now and it’s survived.

5 hours ago, MuffintopMarksman said:

+1 on Vaultek

I’ve sold several to customers and have had no complaints. They don’t necessarily do too much different besides their app feature but they do the biometric side better than other companies we’ve carried. Plus we’ve played around with the same display for about three years now and it’s survived.

I have never had an issue with my biometrics. If I did, it was 100% my fault and I knew it before it ever denied my access. That would be when a part of my finger wasn’t on the scanner 

Anyone ever mess with one of the readers to see if little things mess them up? Like a new scar, a bandaid, ink or paint on your fingers ect? Or do they work differently than I’m thinking? I know the one on my phone didn’t work for very long but I think it’s more the cover than the phone.