Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mini Mr. Bullet Feeder powder die question.

So on the double alpha page when you by the "kit" it comes with the dropper die, the magazine, and a powder funnel to "flare" the case.  Is this some sort of special powder funnel that is different than the dillon one I already have?  I mean I already flare the case to seat the bullet.  Can I just buy the magazine and die, and call it good?  Or do I really need the special powder funnel?

11 hours ago, NOSHMJ said:

The powder funnel flares the case mouth a little more so the bullet doesnt flop out of the case as the shell plate is moving to tje seating position. 

Yep, with the Dillon I get coated bullets that fall out. The Mr Bullet Feeder was better, but not perfect.

The Uniquetek expanded the case too deep, and removed all case tension. I could literally seat the bullets by hand.

8 hours ago, ysrracer said:

Yep, with the Dillon I get coated bullets that fall out. The Mr Bullet Feeder was better, but not perfect.

The Uniquetek expanded the case too deep, and removed all case tension. I could literally seat the bullets by hand.

Could you have received the wrong powder funnel?

https://www.uniquetek.com/product/T1736

Been using the MBF/Photo Escape funnels for a long time with JHP and coated lead, and never experienced loss of neck tension.......

Shared my experience in this post/thread, and yes I was seating the bullet by hand but only deep enough to tamp the bullet:

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/205711-fix-for-shaving-lead-bullets/

🤔

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp