Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP 15/22

old558

I am really interested in this rifle for steel challenge as I shot a GMR 15 for PCCO and be-leave it would be help full to shoot a near duplicate for steel.   My question is has anyone shot one shot one and is it worth the bang for buck. Any help would be much appreciated as their is not to much info out there. Thanks

17 hours ago, old558 said:

I am really interested in this rifle for steel challenge as I shot a GMR 15 for PCCO and be-leave it would be help full to shoot a near duplicate for steel.   My question is has anyone shot one shot one and is it worth the bang for buck. Any help would be much appreciated as their is not to much info out there. Thanks

It's awesome if you want to duplicate your AR ergonomics in a 22. I use mine for PCC training in USPSA as well as Steel Challenge. Everything is identical except the recoil impulse. 

On 11/7/2021 at 7:07 PM, old558 said:

I run the JP 22 and the GMR15 

https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2020/12/8/jp-rifles-1-bag-2-guns-4-divisions

I have them set up basically the same, except for the stock. I haven't had really any issues, nothing different then the Tac-Sol 10/22. Maybe a light strike every once in awhile, and it didn't like the CCI 22 Clean coated bullets on feeding. 

It is set up with the ultra light barrel and MLok handguard to reduce as much weight as possible, same with the GMR15

13 hours ago, lgh said:

How reliable are they?

Mini Mags, Clean 22 and of all things, Golden Bullets run 100% in mine over several thousand rounds of each. 

Really cheap stuff that doesn't run in any of my other guns (10/22, CZ Kadet, 622) also doesn't run the JP. 

13 hours ago, JakeMartens said:

I run the JP 22 and the GMR15 

https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2020/12/8/jp-rifles-1-bag-2-guns-4-divisions

I have them set up basically the same, except for the stock. I haven't had really any issues, nothing different then the Tac-Sol 10/22. Maybe a light strike every once in awhile, and it didn't like the CCI 22 Clean coated bullets on feeding. 

It is set up with the ultra light barrel and MLok handguard to reduce as much weight as possible, same with the GMR15

Great Wright up. Thanks for sharing. 

All I need to do is find one, they seem to be unobtainium.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The factory JP Competition trigger had too many light strikes for me, so I went with Timney triggers and have have ZERO gun related malfunctions (over 20,000 rounds eley force and Aguila hollow point, use HV ammo). It is heavier than most 10/22's but if you can swing it, it'll treat you right. To prove that I used the rifle and podiumed at the 2021 Rimfire World Championship with it. What's also nice is I followed Jakes setup and used the gun for both irons and open (think of it at a 900 dollar gun now since you don't have to buy two). I am sponsored by JP, but I did still pay for the gun and it was 100% worth it (can also get you a discount). I can answer any and all questions about it since its been my baby for a long while now.

IMG_2412.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2022 at 2:01 PM, JM_ said:

The factory JP Competition trigger had too many light strikes for me, so I went with Timney triggers and have have ZERO gun related malfunctions (over 20,000 rounds eley force and Aguila hollow point, use HV ammo). It is heavier than most 10/22's but if you can swing it, it'll treat you right. To prove that I used the rifle and podiumed at the 2021 Rimfire World Championship with it. What's also nice is I followed Jakes setup and used the gun for both irons and open (think of it at a 900 dollar gun now since you don't have to buy two). I am sponsored by JP, but I did still pay for the gun and it was 100% worth it (can also get you a discount). I can answer any and all questions about it since its been my baby for a long while now.

IMG_2412.jpg

Jesse ?

On 3/4/2022 at 3:01 PM, JM_ said:

IMG_2412.jpg

Only difference here I went with the MLOK hand guard, it takes out about 3oz of weight. My trigger is JP, but has the yellow heavier springs. 

I need to mess around with how you have your iron sights set up