Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9 mm flattest shooting round ?

adovlad

1 hour ago, adovlad said:

That being said, which one out of manufacturing box flattest and accurate 9 mm rd ?

i only shot handful, and find federal 115 g Red box better out of 7 kinds i shot 

Im not reloading either 

Thanks everyone for prior feedback also.

As I started out on the other end with heavier bullets, I have found the 150g Federal Syntechs to be very accurate in several pistols!

https://www.federalpremium.com/handgun/syntech/syntech-action-pistol/11-AE9SJAP1.html

20 yard Ransom Rest settling shots:

AE147.png

6 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

As I started out on the other end with heavier bullets, I have found the 150g Federal Syntechs to be very accurate in several pistols!

https://www.federalpremium.com/handgun/syntech/syntech-action-pistol/11-AE9SJAP1.html

20 yard Ransom Rest settling shots:

AE147.png

Just think if you used a different gun! Just kidding. What gun were you shooting?

3048DA90-B20B-486D-8A9A-FDA4919CB295.thumb.jpeg.6474cd72fa65c6282c81f868393f7d14.jpeg

This was shooting Syntech 150 as well. 

8 minutes ago, -JCN- said:

Just think if you used a different gun! Just kidding. What gun were you shooting?

Those were the settling shots from a recent RR test of my S2 Orange.

One reason I liked the 150 Syntech was due to how well it performed in my STI 2011:

AE147Grp2.png

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp

Just now, -JCN- said:

@HOGRIDER

Very nice!!

@-JCN- Thank you!

I have been really surprised how well the 150 Syntech shoots from several 9mm pistols!  My first USPSA match what shot with that ammo as it is on the USPSA Certified Ammo list; so I figured the accuracy and quality control was probably very good.

👍😉

30 minutes ago, -JCN- said:

3048DA90-B20B-486D-8A9A-FDA4919CB295.thumb.jpeg.6474cd72fa65c6282c81f868393f7d14.jpeg

I shot group like that @7 yards with S2 orange iron sights off hand  usinng federal 115 g

18 hours ago, Rnlinebacker said:

Flat isn't a thing. Find ammo that gets the sights back fast and is accurate out of your gun. Federal polymer match ammo is pretty good

I agree with this.

Outside of an open gun, flat is a fiction of the camera shutter speed, not a feature of a gun or ammo combination.

flat matters with long distance rifles, it doesn't matter in any of the major pistol sports, be it IPSC or even Olympic pistol. Find what shoots the most accurate out of your gun. I have around 1.5 million 147gr bullets through my Shadows and Shadow 2s over the years and they shoot great. 

On 11/7/2021 at 1:05 AM, slavex said:

flat matters with long distance rifles

Your comment just made me realize I was responding to a different concept of flat than you, and I'm not sure which the OP meant.

I was thinking how high the sights lift in recoil, whereas you're commenting as if the discussion is about bullet drop with distance. I wonder what the original question was about.

4 hours ago, belus said:

Your comment just made me realize I was responding to a different concept of flat than you, and I'm not sure which the OP meant.

I was thinking how high the sights lift in recoil, whereas you're commenting as if the discussion is about bullet drop with distance. I wonder what the original question was about.

I know right... next thing, you be hearing if the tank round flat enough lol

1 hour ago, adovlad said:

I know right... next thing, you be hearing if the tank round flat enough lol

I think the problem people are having with your question is how do you define flat?

In USPSA pistol shooting most of us think of “flat” shooting ammo is the one which cycles the gun in a predictable way with the sights returning ASAP for the next shot. 

In my rifle competition a flat round is one which remains stable, accurate and has a predictable trajectory at distance. 

In pistol most, as the thread seems to indicate, seem to like 124 - 147 grain loads. Factory Syntec seems to fill that for many. 

10 minutes ago, adovlad said:

The point is , to discover 9 mm rounds, not reloads, that shot flat( less recoil maybe?) and hit on point of aim target with minimal deviation.. lets say at 25 yards

@adovlad
Again, I have to point out the link to the excellent shooting Federal 150g Syntech.  Pertinent ballistics are at the bottom of page!

👍

well, not academic to me...

is i mentioned previously, im new, relatively, to shooting, and have already experienced different power rounds.

For example , im much more accurate with 9 mm Barnaul steel case vs Winchester 9  115 g.. pistol just responded more subdued in terms of recoil and how its cycles in general.

People get way to hung up on ammo, and load data. Especially when we're talking about 9mm minor ammo. As long as it's accurate in your gun it doesn't really matter. If you shoot 115's or 150's, or load to 126 PF to 135 PF. In time you'll get used to your ammo and it'll just seem normal to you. You might like how one feels better than another but feel doesn't really matter. If anything you should probably test on a timer, but if you're new that's probably not going to be productive. 

Putting the effort into practice is a better use of your energy. 

5 hours ago, adovlad said:

well, not academic to me...

is i mentioned previously, im new, relatively, to shooting, and have already experienced different power rounds.

For example , im much more accurate with 9 mm Barnaul steel case vs Winchester 9  115 g.. pistol just responded more subdued in terms of recoil and how its cycles in general.

It's 9X19.....learn how to properly grip a pistol and the choice of ammo won't matter.

As has been said you're wasting time and effort focusing on trivial differences in ammunition.  Time and effort that should be used to improve your grip.

Edited by SGT_Schultz

2 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

People get way to hung up on ammo, and load data. Especially when we're talking about 9mm minor ammo. As long as it's accurate in your gun it doesn't really matter. If you shoot 115's or 150's, or load to 126 PF to 135 PF. In time you'll get used to your ammo and it'll just seem normal to you. You might like how one feels better than another but feel doesn't really matter. If anything you should probably test on a timer, but if you're new that's probably not going to be productive. 

2 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

Not for me. I like to be well round in all the aspects of whatever i do, and there in not much energy used to ask questions in my spare time to begin with.

And thats that....

and also thanks those who understand and willing to be helpful.

on the other hand, some of you, like SRG... you do like to poke at those who just simply wanna lorn.

As was mentioned before, i don't waste time, asking questions.

You the one who wasting time, and envision this is trivia. What a mentality, just practicing??? Practice is just one part of anything you do, knowledge is another! .

Dont waist your time responding, just close this tread and move on the next trivia

1 minute ago, adovlad said:

Not for me. I like to be well round in all the aspects of whatever i do, and there in not much energy used to ask questions in my spare time to begin with.

And thats that....

3 minutes ago, adovlad said:

on the other hand, some of you, like SRG... you do like to poke at those who just simply wanna lorn.

You the one who wasting time, and envision this is trivia. What a mentality, just practicing??? Practice is just one part of anything you do, knowledge is another! .

Dont waist your time responding, just close this tread and move on the next trivia

You're new I get it. The secret sauce isn't the ammo that's all we're saying.

I typed more that I thought might be helpful but I'm not sure you'd want to hear it. By all means, test ammo and find the one that's soft and flat. 

3 hours ago, adovlad said:

LOL enjoy your long time stuck in C class