Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 "grip safety"

Bakerjd

5 hours ago, RePete said:

Has been since 2017 - USPSA Lite.

In order not to be like USPSA they eliminated some really expensive and fun targets that many or most ranges had already purchased (Texas stars, etc). 

That one still irritates. The rational was that they were not realistic self defense targets, I had that explained to me at a level 2 match while standing in front of a stage featuring zombie cows with clay pigeons for brains. 

6 hours ago, RePete said:

Has been since 2017 - USPSA Lite.

The International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) is the governing body of a shooting sport that simulates self-defense scenarios and real-life encounters. It was founded in 1996 as a response to the desires of shooters worldwide. The organization now boasts a membership of more than 28,000, including members in 74 foreign countries.

I started shooting IDPA in about 1997 (#AO1668) the rule book had 21 pages and about 5 of them was pictures. Equipment rules was strictly enforced as was stage design. It is mind boggling how much it has changed.

1 hour ago, usmc1974 said:

The International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) is the governing body of a shooting sport that simulates self-defense scenarios and real-life encounters. It was founded in 1996 as a response to the desires of shooters worldwide. The organization now boasts a membership of more than 28,000, including members in 74 foreign countries.

I started shooting IDPA in about 1997 (#AO1668) the rule book had 21 pages and about 5 of them was pictures. Equipment rules was strictly enforced as was stage design. It is mind boggling how much it has changed.

It was when I started in 2006.

The worst thing that happened was the Tiger team, that's when things really started to get out of hand, and then there was the rulebook to end rulebook changes for 5 years in 2017 and less than a week later they made changes.

Ken Reed stated that fault lines would not work in IDPA but a year later he said that they were the greatest since sliced bread.  I have never seen fault lines in real life, only trip hazards.

Now you can sweep yourself and not get DQ'd.   Gross stupidity.

15 hours ago, RePete said:

Now you can sweep yourself and not get DQ'd.   Gross stupidity.

I've attended 3 matches where somebody let a round off while drawing the gun, last year I was standing 3 feet from a shooter who fired accidentally while holstering. The new sweeping rules are scary, in my opinion. 

On 3/20/2022 at 10:38 AM, Jim Watson said:

I never saw that.  But I didn't join until 1997 and was not held back from shooting "too fast."

They said in theory you was not showing the care and safety of a real scenario. (If there was a possibility of you really getting shot).

I don't know who "they" were but I never heard any such thing right up through the first ten years' Nationals.  (I quit going to the Nationals when they moved it out of the South.)

But then Joyce put in the pinhead target and 1 second scoring to slow things down.

21 hours ago, Jim Watson said:

But then Joyce put in the pinhead target and 1 second scoring to slow things down.

That would  be the  only  way  to  enforce any such  ruling.  I hear that cause a lot of shoote to quit.

Then the thing  about  a Circle in the circle of the zone, that  I really  don't  understand. 

Edited by usmc1974

3 hours ago, usmc1974 said:

Then the thing  about  a Circle in the circle of the zone, that  I really  don't  understand.

I don't know what you are talking about.  The target hasn't been changed since the Zero circle in the head box was added.

2 hours ago, usmc1974 said:

The new IDPA targets have a smaller  circle in  the  zone  down  zone.  At least the ones we shoot at in Junction City does.

They aren't a legal target and could be used in competition only local.

If you look at page 19 of the rulebook, it shows a picture of the legal target.

7 hours ago, usmc1974 said:

The new IDPA targets have a smaller  circle in  the  zone  down  zone.  At least the ones we shoot at in Junction City does.

Are you saying your targets have two circles in the head box?

Or are you saying your targets have a single circle in the head box that is smaller than the currently legal target?

Or are you guys just now getting around to using the current legal target which as a 4" down zero circle in the head box?

Or...?

8 hours ago, ddc said:

Are you saying your targets have two circles in the head box?

Or are you saying your targets have a single circle in the head box that is smaller than the currently legal target?

Or are you guys just now getting around to using the current legal target which as a 4" down zero circle in the head box?

Or...?

They have a circle in the circle in the body. Repete, might be correct.

13 hours ago, usmc1974 said:

They have a circle in the circle in the body. Repete, might be correct.

If that is true then they are not legal IDPA targets and therefore they are not running an IDPA match.