Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

550 Primer Slide Bearing

I have a pair of mid to late 90’s vintage 550’s and have been noticing that the place on the frame where the primer slide rides is becoming a bit worn and difficult to clean.  After looking on Dillon’s web page and wandering through Uniquetek’s page I saw that they now come with a bearing plate.  Is this a drop in upgrade that is on the newer machines or will I have to send my presses back to Dillon to have them upgraded?  I have no clue as to the round counts on either press, but I am estimating between 20K and 30K on each.  I still have the original white primer magazine tips on the primer magazines, although they may need to be replaced soon hence looking on Uniquetek’s site.

Thanks,

i have the  up grade plate . Drop in as stated. does support slide better than Dillon. Will help being you have some wear in your machine.

Yes Dillon may send you one free. But it will not compensate for wear in your other parts. This plate will help. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You Everyone,

I am waiting on the shipper for the package from Uniquetek to wind the Primer Magazine tips and Upgraded Primer Slide Bearings to my door step.  This is one place where I am hoping that will reduce or eliminate sideways and flipped primers in the reloads.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. I got the first press done before we lost power for 6 hours due to a critter causing a transformer in the substation to burst into flames. The garage gets DARK without electricity. 

boy does the slide move well with the new plate. I’ll add a picture of the press bed after I get it resized.