Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Internal slide lightening cuts

warpspeed

My SV 5.4 Limited gun has an internally lightened slide.  Basically from the just a bit ahead of the locking lugs forward the top radius is machined deeper than normal.  I haven't weighed it and don't have a comparable non-lightened slide to compare it to, but considering the amount of material removed, I think it is probably a couple ounces lighter than stock configuration.

6 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

My SV 5.4 Limited gun has an internally lightened slide.  Basically from the just a bit ahead of the locking lugs forward the top radius is machined deeper than normal.  I haven't weighed it and don't have a comparable non-lightened slide to compare it to, but considering the amount of material removed, I think it is probably a couple ounces lighter than stock configuration.

Nothing behind the breahface?

15 minutes ago, warpspeed said:

Nothing behind the breahface?

Not on mine.  But a friend had an open gun with vertical cuts on both sides of the disco rail as well as horizontal cuts on the rear of the slide behind the breach face.  I think the gun was built by Don Fraley.  But I could be wrong.  That was prob 20 years ago.

Hello, you are not going to be able to take much weight out of slide by cutting on the inside. There is just not enough area there to make that much of a difference. You can remove some off the barrel and use an aluminum guide rod as well as a shortened barrel bushing. You can also cut under the rear sight area. Thanks, Eric