Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sporting Clay guns, 26" barrels and fudd rules?

DavidSeavey

On 10/26/2022 at 6:30 AM, Yeti said:

That is a bit of a broad brush.  Must be a story behind this sentiment.

There are some fine people that shoot Sporting Clays.  I'm one of em 😉

I agree there are certainly some fine people in the the Clay games (you can me and...hahha), but Shotgun World has deleted my post of the two clay guns that I built for expressly for Sporting. 

The reason:

"By definition, Troll post = one made for no reason other then to stir the pot and start arguments, it meets that criteria. Most clubs do not allow that style firearm on their SC courses. Steve".   

I admitted to wanting a discussion (Pro or Con or just Inquisitive) of the guns specifically from the competitive sporing clays community.   But after I negotiated with "Steve" I have been confined to posting in the Tactical section or Gunsmith section and..." then stay on subject with the forum title. Steve"

Are Sporting Shooters THAT fragile that they can't even see a photo???  I can't mention in the text I built them for Clays and they completely within the current rules?

I am sorry but at least that Mod Steve is a Fudd.  Shame because I am probably older that he is.

I need to throw a few bucks in the hat of this forum as I had no idea other forums we so closed off.  

We are lucky to have this for free expression.

Yours in Sport,

Patrick

Steve Y is the single worst thing on shotgun world. He needs to go. He uses that form to push his wares. ( Selling presses) tells people he is the best MEC repair man on earth. I suggest you contact Curly. I have had to in the past. Concerning Steve Y. 

6 hours ago, AHI said:

A discussion about putting a red dot. On a Sporting clays gun could(would) be interesting. To me it would be a lot different than an "practical"set up.(3 gun/)

If you watch some of the shot-kam videos out and about, you will see what I see when "claying" with a red dot.  I think it works pretty well. 

So would a smaller sight like a Holosun HS507C/Trijicon RMR or something more like HS510C/EoTech? Be a better choice. Does it even matter?

Green dot vs Red ?   Dot only vs Circle vs Circle with center dot? Yes I have been thinking about this for a while.

Edited by AHI

1 hour ago, AHI said:

So would a smaller sight like a Holosun HS507C/Trijicon RMR or something more like HS510C/EoTech? Be a better choice. Does it even matter?

Green dot vs Red ?   Dot only vs Circle vs Circle with center dot? Yes I have been thinking about this for a while.

I think I'd like a really large window like the M21, but I have an RMR on my clays gun and it seems to work just fine. I have a Romeo 8H on my 3 gun Gen12 and LOVE IT!  How's that for a lesser than good answer? hahaha

If you run both eyes open, I don't think it matters on a long gun.  (multiple contact points to maintain eye-to-sight reference)

M21.png

Edited by P.E. Kelley

• 4 months later...

Yeeeep them good ole days.

Shot my Mossberg 36" turkey gun last time out.

Bolt action. Extra full choke. Gave her heck on the report pairs!

Yep I shot a 40 too.

Out of 200.

Corse was hard though. Had to walk uphill both ways...

Edited by Dr. Phil