Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No Montana Gold for months

nelly

4 minutes ago, iflyskyhigh said:

I wonder how the V2s fair. I like that profile better.

My uneducated guess would be that the V2's don't expand as well as the V1's given the lack of skives at the tip of the jacket — seems like a target/competition focused profile.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, kamber said:

My uneducated guess would be that the V2's don't expand as well as the V1's given the lack of skives at the tip of the jacket — seems like a target/competition focused profile.

Good point. Makes sense.

On 3/23/2022 at 2:47 PM, iflyskyhigh said:

Thank you. I was unaware of that. I think I still have a 1000 of so of the V1s. I'll have to do a little experimenting.

I wonder how the V2s fair. I like that profile better.

Terminal performance was not a consideration when designing the new PD JHP. 

It was designed to be a competitive/recreational JHP, and will most likely exhibit no favorable terminal characteristics when fired into ballistic gel. 

Copper prices continue to head north, and availability is abysmal. Lead is as high as we've seen it in a long time, and availability is tough for some companies. I can tell you that some companies that do not have the ability to pour their own billets or extrude their own wire are having to search for material.  Shipping costs continue to tick upward too.  I say all that to say, I don't think you'll see prices coming back down anytime soon (although I don't have a crystal ball). 

Anywho... Since pricing is being discussed.... How does a sale on PD 124JHPs for next 24-48 hours sound? It won't be advertised anywhere else, just here. Thanks to those that use PD products.  ;)

Use code ENOSDEAL at checkout. 

https://www.precisiondelta.com/products/9mm-124gr-jhp/

8 minutes ago, Ssanders224 said:

It was designed to be a competitive/recreational JHP, and will most likely exhibit no favorable terminal characteristics when fired into ballistic gel. 

Copper prices continue to head north, and availability is abysmal. Lead is as high as we've seen it in a long time, and availability is tough for some companies. I can tell you that some companies that do not have the ability to pour their own billets or extrude their own wire are having to search for material.  Shipping costs continue to tick upward too.  I say all that to say, I don't think you'll see prices coming back down anytime soon (although I don't have a crystal ball). 

Anywho... Since pricing is being discussed.... How does a sale on PD 124JHPs for next 24-48 hours sound? It won't be advertised anywhere else, just here. Thanks to those that use PD products.  ;)

Noice. Spanks.

19 hours ago, Ssanders224 said:

Cheers, sent it on a case, thanks much!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2022 at 5:28 PM, Ssanders224 said:

Hey Steve, I tested the V2's and will be sticking with them for the matches. No difference in accuracy with my guns and I'm loading them at 1.140". I did some post and updated my spreadsheet with the data. Thank you for making quality bullets at good prices. Highly recommend Precision Delta Bullets.