Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Index finger around the trigger guard- who uses this grip and why??

Ozy

7 hours ago, bimmer1980 said:

He uses a push & pull grip, wich comes from the shoulders.

That's the point he was making on his Firearms Nation interview. He doesn't use the vice grip style because of fatigue. The support hand is high in the front doing the pulling  and so the index finger rides up. I don't recall him disregarding use of his index finger though and can't see any reason not to use it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/5/2021 at 9:08 PM, hlsccsfa said:

Quite a few good shooters do, amongst them world champion Eric Grauffel. If it works for you, it works. It is a personal preference. 

I think Tony Wong did.

I think Robin Sebo (of Seboweapons and CZ team shooter) does as well.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, CraigS said:

Every once in a while I think about trying this grip. I haven't done so yet but there sure are a heck of a lot of pistols that have the front of the trigger guard squared off. Maybe there is some other reason for that?

As I mentioned above, I am moving away from this sort of grip (two fingers touching the trigger guard) due to the fact I shoot different platforms.  My new 2011 has a squared of trigger guard therefore resting two fingers of my off hand on the trigger guard like I do on my P320 does not really work on the 2011 unless I went full ham with one finger in front of the trigger guard.  I also find my old grip is not ideal for my P365 which is one of my carry guns.

Therefore, I have changed my grip where only one finger is resting on the bottom of the trigger guard to accommodate many different platforms.

Maybe some can naturally grip different pistols differently, but I do not care or wish to do this; therefore, I will learn a new (normal) grip that accommodates many platforms.