Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Baseball Shoes?

Smitty79

I have very wide feet.    My normal shoes are various styles of New Balance size 13 EEEE shoes.    I've been using some size 14 Boombah Hellcats.    But they are still a bit narrow.    Has anyone used some baseball shoes like these?   I shoot on gravel.    When I don't wear aggressive soles, I've slipped and fallen several times.

image.png.1373093a1fbbe0aa1be67d5f2cbbd9a2.png

That sole is similar to the soles on the running shoes I wear on gravel and stone.  They work on grass, but not so well if it's wet.  So I save them for stone and gravel and wear trail running shoes with 7mm lugs for grass and dirt.  Lugs do absolutely nothing for you in loose gravel.

are those for baseball on pavement? 

i have always used soft baseball cleats for uspsa (similar to the pic), shooting in the nw. they work great in dirt, gravel, grass, mud, etc... The only place they may be a concern is wooden steps or decks, especially if wet.

low cut cleats

7 hours ago, motosapiens said:

are those for baseball on pavement? 

i have always used soft baseball cleats for uspsa (similar to the pic), shooting in the nw. they work great in dirt, gravel, grass, mud, etc... The only place they may be a concern is wooden steps or decks, especially if wet.

low cut cleats

Those are for baseball on "Astroturf".

I also wear 4e, Back when sports authority was still around, I used to buy Mizuno baseball shoes their regular shoes ran wide

Now I’m using ASICS  frequent trail runner, they come in 4e

Edited by rishii

• 1 year later...

My son has used these New Balance (NB) 4040 V6 baseball cleats, which are dependable baseball cleats for the aspiring Little Leaguer. This baseball shoe focuses on traction. The spikes on these cleats dig deep into the turf surface.