Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dumb question - P320 FCU?

Woodsparrow

With the abundance of after market parts for the P320, you could construct the gun you want around the FCU versus buying the P320 and then replacing parts.  There is a couple of barrels and a grip in my unused Sig parts box as my Legions were purchased and then retro-fitted with the stuff I wanted.

BC

10 hours ago, cheby said:

let us know if you find any in stock

1 hour ago, BillChunn said:

With the abundance of after market parts for the P320, you could construct the gun you want around the FCU versus buying the P320 and then replacing parts.  There is a couple of barrels and a grip in my unused Sig parts box as my Legions were purchased and then retro-fitted with the stuff I wanted.

BC

I haven't looked since they came out. But when I did, it was actually cheaper to buy a P320, standard, then reconfigure it to whatever you wanted. Barrel/Slide were the main problem at the time, because buying them alone was a bit harder than it needed to be, and ridiculously expensive, only 1-2 places seemed to make them, and I'd have needed to buy direct from Sig.

Especially when you wanted something more roccoco like the Legion - that tungsten infused grip was expensive, as was the cut slide. I think trying to do one with an FCU build was 20% more than just buying it, and the legion was actually easier to buy (FCU being newer and cheaper)

In my area there are at least three Gun Shops that have them in stock for $349.99. The coating might make them hold up to more cycles? You can get a whole Legion for $900. Do all the FCU's in the non Legion guns have the Legion trigger bar?

10 hours ago, z40acp said:

In my area there are at least three Gun Shops that have them in stock for $349.99. The coating might make them hold up to more cycles? You can get a whole Legion for $900. Do all the FCU's in the non Legion guns have the Legion trigger bar?

Last time I read up on it the Performance FCU is essentially the legion FCU. Which is to say, non-legion guns don't have it, but the FCU is a legion gun.

As far as pricing, FCU for 350, grip for 30-50, slide/barrel for 300-400, and you're pretty close to the legion pricing anyway, without even having any mags.

Unless you are building something specific, say something with a comp, or a Gucci P320 with components you feel you have to have, it never makes sense to put one together if you are basing it on cost of the completed gun.    

I am fairly certain the new FCU will be the FCU used in all P320s.  I cannot imagine a scenario production wise where it would make sense to have different FCUs.  @rowdyb might have some insight on the FCU question if Non Legion P320s are different than the Legion FCUs.  He just purchased an AXG P320.