Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why CZ Custom is my go to for all things CZ

pcar157

Recently I was in the process of removing the CZ Custom optic plate from my Shadow 2 OR. After heating the screws with a soldering iron to loosen the Loc-tite, not just one but both screw heads broke off. Now what to do? I tried drilling out the one screw and was getting no where.

Stuart Wong and CZ Custom to the rescue. Called Stuart, told him the problem, emailed photos of the slide, he checked with their gunsmiths and Stuart responded "Send it in, we can take care of it".

Ten days later I receive a shipping notice that the slide is on its' way back to me. I called Stuart to see what the cost is for the service work. Lo and behold, Stuart says "we took care of it, just our customer service, there is no charge".

Naturally I was surprised but given that all my previous service work (and purchases) performed at CZ Custom was superb, this is just one more example of why CZ Custom is my go to shop for all things CZ. Stuart and the gang are (and have been) awesome.  THANK YOU STUART!

Awesome bro!!  Stuart is nothing but nice and professional to work with.  He answers emails and talks on the phone.  He recently got my Checkmate set up for Open division and did an action job on it.  I was so impressed when I got it back.  CZ Custom is top notch.  Glad they could fix your pistol.  

On 7/31/2021 at 12:07 AM, Malarky112 said:

Any idea why the screw heads broke off? What kind of screws, where were they purchased?

I have no idea why the heads broke off. I had the screws torqued to 18 in lb and a bit of loc tite. Prior to attempting to remove,  heated the screws with a soldering iron to a point where they were hot and then boom, both heads broke off.

Edited by pcar157

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2021 at 3:19 AM, pcar157 said:

Recently I was in the process of removing the CZ Custom optic plate from my Shadow 2 OR. After heating the screws with a soldering iron to loosen the Loc-tite, not just one but both screw heads broke off. Now what to do? I tried drilling out the one screw and was getting no where.

Stuart Wong and CZ Custom to the rescue. Called Stuart, told him the problem, emailed photos of the slide, he checked with their gunsmiths and Stuart responded "Send it in, we can take care of it".

Ten days later I receive a shipping notice that the slide is on its' way back to me. I called Stuart to see what the cost is for the service work. Lo and behold, Stuart says "we took care of it, just our customer service, there is no charge".

Naturally I was surprised but given that all my previous service work (and purchases) performed at CZ Custom was superb, this is just one more example of why CZ Custom is my go to shop for all things CZ. Stuart and the gang are (and have been) awesome.  THANK YOU STUART!

👍👍👍

With such a service it can damage the stigma of  CZ  Europe 😀

Another endorsement for Stuart and the gang at CZC.  It just doesn't get any better when it comes to great customer service.

Stuart is an absolutely unique individual.  Alway patient, terrific listening skills, honest answers to all your questions, and extremely knowledgeable!

CZC has done several pistols for me, and currently I have a Shadow 2 in their shop for direct milling and installation of a Trijicon SRO.