Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Roger "Bubber" Davis

ChrisC

Roger Davis, known to the shooting world as Bubber succumbed to cancer at his home on June 27th at the age of 70.  Roger was an avid revolver shooter and was an instrumental of the early days of ICORE. Roger was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer several years ago. He continued to shoot ICORE after his diagnoses, surgeries, and many chemotherapy/radiation treatments but ultimately had to hang up his wheel gun in the Summer of 2019. 

We laid Roger to rest in a small graveside service in the small community of Hanna, OK with Military Honors for his service to our Country in the U.S. Army. 

He left behind generations of better people because they knew Roger. 

I met Roger at my local range in 2009. He got me interested and involved in shooting revolvers. His friendship and guidance took me from being an average C class limited shooter to a Grand Master revolver shooter. Countless hours in a car traveling to matches cussing and discussing the ins and outs of shooting and solving the world problems, Precious moments that Ill never forget.  Roger was a generous man. He was always willing to pick up a timer, help a new shooter, or help an old shooter. I think what I miss most about Roger is his whit. You couldn't take anything seriously if he was around.  

God speed brother, until we meet again....  

_20140731_164403.jpg

I think it was at Memphis revolver match where I met Roger , only once but he was a funny guy, good to be around. I think you were there also Chris. RIP friend.

Im sure you will miss him.

I met Roger years ago before ICORE.  He was always a character that everyone wanted to be with.  His humor was contagious.  

Roger took on the responsibility to write the first rule book for ICORE.  He also created the Bubberized speed loaders which helped many of us learn just how fast you could load a 6 shot revolver.

I will miss him.  I'm sure he and Vic Pickett and looking down at all of us now.

On 7/3/2021 at 1:37 PM, EEH said:

I think it was at Memphis revolver match where I met Roger , only once but he was a funny guy, good to be around. I think you were there also Chris. RIP friend.

Im sure you will miss him.

Same here. Met him only once at the Memphis Revo match. Quite a character and also recall he had a wicked draw. Also followed his recommendation on Bubberized comp III

First met Roger around 1992, at the steel frustration match he and Phil Rosato put on. After that shot several IRC matches with him the the rest of the "Arizona Rocks" squad, Roger, Phil,Gene Marshall and his wife Karen, myself, Mike Chudomelka, Vic Pickett and a few I can't even remember now.....good times and a really fine gentleman Roger was.

• 2 months later...

Simply the best.  He (and Phil Rosato) adopted me in 2001, and, eventually, many Washington state shooters who came to the IRC.

He was the most fun to shoot with.

I hope there will be room on his squad

Edited by underlug

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was one of the lucky people God blessed to be able to call Bubber a friend.

Good shooter, Better friend, GREAT PERSON  !!!!!

The world was better because of him !!!!

Rest in Peace  my friend, and thank you !

Hopalong !