Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rocky Mountain ICORE, day one. Pictures and video

Just checked in at the Cobblestone in Eaton. It's not the middle of nowhere, it's the next exit past there :)

Greely is 15 minutes away, Ft Collins 35, Cheyenne Wy 45. The weather is beautiful. 76 and sunny.

Spent a few days in Basalt outside of Aspen. Beautiful country.

Stay tuned for pictures and video.

Been there I shot at the bench rest score nationals there a few years back there is little or no cell service there unless that has changed nice place and yes beautiful country 

Ron 

Ok, here's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I was excited when I saw this match advertised. I shot USPSA in the 90s, and NSCA (sporting clays shotgun) since then, and for the last couple of years ICORE.

I NEVER go anywhere just to shoot, so a chance to go to Colorado to visit my buddy near Aspen, fish The Frying Pan River, and shoot my revo was just too good to pass up.

Plus I'm retired, so what else do I have to do? :)

But to be honest, when the stages we're posted I was a little disappointed (as were a few of my friends shooting the match). When you shoot ICORE in Phoenix, you're shooting two of the best ICORE clubs in the country.

When I see "Regional" I'm expecting BIG things.

The Rocky Mountain ICORE had eight stages. Two classifiers, one steel challenge stage, and one all steel stage. The remaining four were running gun (fun) stages.

For some reason even though we had eight bays, we only had four squads, so it contributed to a LONG day.

We started at 9:00, took 45 minutes off at noon for lunch, and they were still shooting at 4:30 when I left. It was a long hot day.

In fact one of my squad mates wasn't doing to well near the end, with the heat. We cooled him down, and made him drink water, and I gave him my lucky/crusty fishing sock filled with ice to put on his neck.

He seemed to be doing better when I bailed out.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT !!

Colorado is very dry, and very high in elevation. You need to stay hydrated, and slam water .

If you're thirsty, you're already dehydrated. If your pee looks like orange juice, you're already dehydrated. You should be drinking so much water that you're pissing clear ever hour or so.

And the fact that most of us are old guys with old prostates, that shouldn't be a problem.

Ok, back to the match. I had fun, and will be back next year, but I hope they have more running gun stages, and more squads so it goes a little faster.

Thanks to the Match Director and all the ROs, and everybody that helped set up and knock down the match. It's easy for me to bitch about it, but they actually did the work. All I did was take the pictures...

...and videos, those are coming next.