Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz 75b optic milling

MHicks

Can a regular CZ 75b with a firing pin block bL? e milled to mount a red dot directly or with a mounting plate? Some websites say no. Shadows and other but not these. Or is the only option to use a dovetail mount?

CZ75 Compact 9MM (with FPB mechanism intact/working) milled for a direct mount of a DP Pro.  Was my wife's carry gun before she decided it was just "too heavy."  Uses the DP Pro back up rear sight.  Looks funky as the big red dots are awfully wide on a CZ75 slide.  But it works like a champ.

This one was done at CGW.  I don't know if they still do this kind of work or not.

IMG_0334.JPG

I'm not real knowledgeable on all the newer CZs that are popular for Carry optics and production other then most of them don't have the firing pin block. Are the slides on other models wider at the top and more suitable for mounting optics.

I'm just considering setting up what I already have with an optic to try out shooting with one and possibly shooting carry optics down the road.

Primary Machine did a CZ P09 milled for a Vortex/Burris pattern for me few years back.  I believe they have recently got out of milling Customer provided slides.  There are others that still provide this type of service.

I think the challenge with the CZ slides that have the firing pin block is that you cannot have the Optic milled as low as slides without fpb.  

The plate does make the big wide sight look smoother/better on the slide.  It provides an angled transition look vs. the square/chunky look on my Compact.

Edited by M1A4ME

Does anyone still sell standalone 75b/SP01 uppers? I'd love to be able to just buy one to pop on my SP01 that already has upgraded internals so I can give CO a try. 

1 hour ago, regor said:

Does anyone still sell standalone 75b/SP01 uppers? I'd love to be able to just buy one to pop on my SP01 that already has upgraded internals so I can give CO a try. 

That would be great if it would just swap out with the regular 75B.

CZ Custom has had them in the past, currently they do not show any but you might give them a call.  In the past they took the slide off a CZ 75B and replaced it with the Bull Shadow slide which left them with extra slides, don't know if they still do that.

Edited by Tunachaser
spelling

Thanks for the replies. I've shot mostly Single stack  for years and currently shooting Limited just for a change of pace. But it's hard to ignore the popularity of Carry Optics. Some older shooters (I'm 68) with vision problems but also lots of younger guys with good vision say they love it. I figure I'll give it a shot eventually.

That's what I did (72), I had a second slide fitted with an optic.  It allowed me to compare iron sights and optic using the same lower so same trigger, mag release, etc.  I still enjoy iron sights BUT optics are way easier.

Also if there ever is a problem with the optic I can just change slides.

Edited by Tunachaser