Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC Gold Trigger

Looking to buy a great trigger for a PCC that I'm sharing with my significant other. Currently considering a PCC Gold, and was interested to see what experiences owners have had with this model before I purchase one myself. Currently using a Taccom bolt in the gun, in case that is a factor with this trigger.  Any malfunctions/issues experienced? Round counts?

Buy a Hiperfire Eclipse and don't look back.... My friend had the AR Gold PCC trigger and ended up returning it.  I know a lot of people here will also say get the Hiperfire Eclipse.  

Good luck with your trigger journey 

On 4/20/2021 at 11:44 AM, Bdh821 said:

Buy a Hiperfire Eclipse and don't look back.... My friend had the AR Gold PCC trigger and ended up returning it.  I know a lot of people here will also say get the Hiperfire Eclipse.  

Good luck with your trigger journey 

Yup, that's me, I had issues with the PCC AR Gold trigger and had to reconfigure my entire recoil system to get the trigger to run right which in turn made my gun run differently and I wasn't happy so I returned it and stuck with the CMC PCC trigger.

I've been using a 308 ARGold trigger with an Iron City Rifleworks bolt for the past 2.5 years without issue. Only gripe I have about the ARGold is the side to side play. I used small strips of black electrical tape to create shims on the underside of the trigger housing to reduce the play. 

On 4/21/2021 at 10:23 AM, mellino19 said:

Yup, that's me, I had issues with the PCC AR Gold trigger and had to reconfigure my entire recoil system to get the trigger to run right which in turn made my gun run differently and I wasn't happy so I returned it and stuck with the CMC PCC trigger.

What issues did you have, what exactly was the solution?

11 hours ago, Arakisk said:

What issues did you have, what exactly was the solution?

The trigger wasn't resetting at times and my PCC is short stroked (JP bolt with blitzkrieg 5015HD, spacer weight, 308 carbine spring) I had to remove the spacer weight for the gun to reset the trigger and even then had some times where it wouldn't reset.

AR Gold has a page that shows bolts that are compatible with their trigger and I think I found out the JP one wasn't exactly compatible. I wasn't about to buy a new bolt just to get a trigger to work when I had zero problems with my CMC prior, so I returned it and put the gun back to the original configuration and have since left it alone.

• 1 month later...

I agree with the previous recommendations for the Hiperfire Eclipse - go ahead and buy and extra spring set because the main hammer spring is a thinner at the top to allow for room for the 2 counter springs.  In that respect, if it breaks, you can't just buy a standard AR15 spec spring to replace.

5 hours ago, jrdoran said:

Is there much difference other than appearance coating between the eclipse vs competition offerings from Hiperfire ? 

https://www.hiperfire.com/triggers/hipertouch-family/

It's pretty much just the coating from what I can tell. I have not used the competition model myself, since I ended up getting the Eclipse. The coating is touted as increasing trigger pull quality, but I can't speak for it myself. I believe Max Leograndis made a youtube video covering how the pull weight was measurably lighter in the Eclipse model.