Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fusion slide issues

xjwalt666

Has anyone ever had an issue with a fusion gov length 45 slide not having the cut for the frame rails long enough? I just got the slide fitted to the frame and it's nice and smooth but binds up going all the way back to slide lock. It falls short by about 3/16" and binds up. Going to contact fusion but it sucks since I already flat topped, added dovetail for slide racker and did a swoop type cut on the back. So I'm doubtful they will do anything for me. 

PXL_20210410_180733006.jpg

I don't have any experience with Fusion slides, but it does look like they stopped the cut a bit short.  You should be able to finish it off pretty easily with a keyway cutter if you have one that's the right size.  Also, just curious, but what exactly are you building?  Slide racker on a .45 is a bit unusual.

1 hour ago, ltdmstr said:

I don't have any experience with Fusion slides, but it does look like they stopped the cut a bit short.  You should be able to finish it off pretty easily with a keyway cutter if you have one that's the right size.  Also, just curious, but what exactly are you building?  Slide racker on a .45 is a bit unusual.

I'm building a pin gun for my dad. Using a Cheely 2011 frame. His hands aren't the greatest anymore and we have to keep the slide locked back at all times when not shooting so it makes it easier for him. 

34 minutes ago, GBertolet said:

The Fusion people are pretty good. I bet when you explain the situation, they will tell you to return the slide, and they will finish it off.

I sent them off an email a little while ago. Hopefully they are accommodating. I can finish it at work just more wanted to see if anyone has experienced this with their slides. 

50 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello, do you have the barrel fitted and the guide rod installed in it? That 3/16 may not be an issue when everything is together. Thanks, Eric

I don't have the barrel fitted yet. When I received the slide the slip said the barrel was on backorder. I'll be getting it this week. And that's what I'm hoping that it won't matter. 

Fusion slides are.... less then desirable IMO. Way to much variation in what they consider in spec. And considering they cost as much as a quality slide, currently the best on the market are Brazos, I wont use them. And I know the builder I shoot for wont use them. 

9 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Fusion slides are.... less then desirable IMO. Way to much variation in what they consider in spec. And considering they cost as much as a quality slide, currently the best on the market are Brazos, I wont use them. And I know the builder I shoot for wont use them. 

I couldn't find a better option for a 45 that was available at the time I purchased. I would've rather gone with a different maker.