Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sizer with a primer flicker

jtaylor996

Anybody have one?

i love my hornady tc size die, but having a primer flicker would save me a bunch of headaches at the press. 

mighty armory has TNT die that has a decap flicker kit, but it’s damn expensive... too much to blind buy and hope it works. Anybody use this die?

CARBIDE SIZING / DEPRIMING DIES

Stock Number: dcsdd

Sizing/Depriming Die
Our sizing/depriming dies feature a unique "floating decap assembly" with a snap spring that throws the spent primer off the pin and eliminates the problem of primer "draw back" that often occurs when decapping military brass. The primary feature of Dillon's size die design the long, tapered carbide ring with a radiused opening remains unchanged.
That radiused opening, and its importance to progressive reloading, is one of the reasons why our seat and crimp dies are better. We found a way of manufacturing these dies that has enabled us to make the lead-in radius even bigger! The bigger radius makes progressive loading with our equipment even smoother but that's still only a part of the story.

27 minutes ago, ddc said:

No idea, wouldn't be surprised if they are hard to come by.

Nothing is easy to come by right now... especially if it has any relation to 9mm anything.

Since I'm waiting on stock, I'll try to bevel the decap pin in the hornady die later tonight and see if that works any. I found another thread on here from 11ya where people were saying that they were getting pull back with the dillon spring dies, and dillon had told them to put a hypodermic type bevel on the pin.

I'll run a couple hundred tonight like that and see what happens.

I finally had a chance to "hypodermic bevel" the decap pin on my hornady die. Doesn't seem to make any difference. Ugh. And I hear people get pullback with the dillon die as well.

Has anyone had success with the mighty armory TNT die yet?

No experience. 

So not what you are looking for but I've used Lee sizer/decappers for years; I'm running two right now; one in a 650 the other in an 1100. Both 9mm.

I very seldom have pullback issues.

An added plus is that they are relatively inexpensive.

And of course they were out of stock everywhere last time I checked... lol

think I had one die that did it and a bit of spin sanding cured it. IIRC it was military crimped primer stuff.
Far as the dillon spring loaded job,,, no thanks.. Yeh it knocks em out, but sends them to the bottom of cup and bounces out to left field.