Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2021 Bianchi Cup registration open

Lower40

• 2 months later...

Crazy...just figured out what load works in my revolver yesterday...I'm about 90% sure I'm going.  The weather has been bad so I haven't had a lot of hands on practice.   Last time I shot any match was at Bianchi 27 years ago and at 60 lbs lighter!  Having a heck of a time figuring out how to go prone..used to be hard getting up...now it's just as hard getting down (promptly:-)

You guys are a little closer also...I'm at 1250 miles one way.

I'm going down the weekend before to shoot the Flagler Cup as well. It should be a good "practice" match before the cup.

I'm just figuring out prone myself. I know it doesn't look pretty watching me get down 😂

1 hour ago, bradhe said:

I am signed up and practicing every day. I sure hope we get more than 65 entries...

Brad

Is that number for Bianchi Cup entries?  Up here the Canadians can't drive into the US via land ports...but can fly in from air ports from what I understand.  Hear stories of Canadians having their cars shipped in...then just flying in to meet the transportation company.  Different situations on the southern border....anybody can come in any way they want.  Not clear about the situation for international flights from overseas which would affect international competitors.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to determine the last day I can show up to compete in the May 26/27 match?  There is a "Multi-Gun" event on Tuesday that I have no desire to shoot, the program reads gun inspections and packet pickup on Monday...if I'm not firing in the Multi-Gun event I would prefer to show up on Tuesday.  Wonder if I can pick up my packet and have my handgun inspection on Tuesday instead of Monday?  One less travel day.

Edited by Lower40

I was trying to get Warren signed up today, the deadline day (yes, I know, I waited until the last minute), but registration was already closed on Practiscore, even though the deadline is today. Is that normal? I've e-mailed some people to find out whether I can still get him signed up, but I'm just not used to Practiscore.

Edited by thock
spelling

1 hour ago, thock said:

I was trying to get Warren signed up today, the deadline day (yes, I know, I waited until the last minute), but registration was already closed on PractiScore, even though the deadline is today. Is that normal? I've e-mailed some people to find out whether I can still get him signed up, but I'm just not used to PractiScore.

PS only does what it is told to do. For closure of registration, the MD enters the closing date and time when the match is created. The match page only says " Registration Deadline: May 14" with no mention of time. The match staff should be able to fill you in.  

Hope it works out for you,

ChuckS

(My pet peeve is when the time zone is omitted for a match that attracts competitors from all over the country!)

27 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

(My pet peeve is when the time zone is omitted for a match that attracts competitors from all over the country!)

Me, too! If I had known that registration would be closed today, I would have made it a priority to get him registered yesterday.

21 minutes ago, Lower40 said:

Too bad, they only have about 80 shooters signed up, I backed out because my bullets won't be delivered until next week.

I'm hoping they'll let people register on the Monday or Tuesday, if nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...

After the first day of shooting, the USAMU is acquitting itself quite nicely.  There are 11 shooters (out of 88 entries) who are "clean".  Of those, 9 are Open, there is one ME and one PO.  The ME and PO are both AMU shooters.  Thursday looks like a rainout at midday, but it may clear enough to get some shooting done before it gets dark.  Friday will tell the tale for a really diminished Bianchi Cup field of shooters.  There are virtually NO Internationals shooting this year!

• 4 weeks later...

It ended up being a fantastic cup with Green Valley putting on a outstanding match without the help of the NRA and despite covid not allowing our overseas friends to attend. 2022 will be even better but the match needs your attendance. If you used to shoot or know someone that has shot the Cup then come on back. Shooters are running the match, not a bunch of desk jockeys. 

87E95CB0-3347-4E54-8A1B-8D3EEE17C337.jpeg

BDCDF95A-8240-4884-B79E-130040278915.jpeg

This was one of the best Bianchi Cups in a long time. Attendance was low because of Covid, we missed all our International friends, who are normally a large part of the match. Still, it was very well done by people who know the ropes. Everyone there had a great time. The prize table was amazing. Many, many thanks to the Green Valley crew, who know what Bianchi is all about, and worked very hard to do it right and make it good for everyone! We are all looking forward to next year's match, in the hopes that all the regulars may once again share in the festivities! Hope everyone has a good year in the meantime. (Thanks for the pics, Blade).

Edited by Toolguy

1 hour ago, Toolguy said:

This was one of the best Bianchi Cups in a long time. Attendance was low because of Covid, we missed all our International friends, who are normally a large part of the match. Still, it was very well done by people who know the ropes. Everyone there had a great time. The prize table was amazing. Many, many thanks to the Green Valley crew, who know what Bianchi is all about, and worked very hard to do it right and make it good for everyone! We are all looking forward to next year's match, in the hopes that all the regulars may once again share in the festivities! Hope everyone has a good year in the meantime. (Thanks for the pics, Blade).

Toolguy...thanks for the update...will be there next year (28 year absence).  My bullets came in the Monday before the match week and I would have needed to leave on Saturday.  Just didn't have the time to put it together.  Since then I picked up a nice selection of primers, W231 and lead bullets....no excuses for next year.  Looking forward to meeting you in person...you sure have a lot of friends...want to show you my sight base we messaged about.

Ed

I know the match staff was not expecting as many people that registered. Therefore they had to have the awards lunch offsite. While there were some things that weren’t the same as in years past like the Grand dinner, and other traditions, the Bianchi Cup will be back to bigger and better than ever. It’s a perfect time to come compete again. 

B3B2609D-E8B3-40FC-AFF8-1C900BE2E7A3.jpeg