Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 24 Gen 3 Threaded Barrel??

Bfrisk72

I like the thought.  It'd be hella accurate, but slow. 

Most people have a tendency to slow down when they shoot a gun with a very long sight radius.  With a long sight radius, the sights look grotesquely "off" if they're mis-aligned the slightest little bit.  Shooters will usually attempt to get what they perceive as "perfect" sight picture, when all they really need to do is get the front sight somewhere in the same ZIP Code as the rear sight.  If you can break that desire and settle for "good enough", it could work.

I would call Bar-Sto or KKM.

16 hours ago, TheChewycookie said:

Bar-Sto does make one, but can you explain why? It's really impractical especially when a G22 with TF block already extends to the length of a 24.

https://barsto.com/product/glock-24l-40-sw-extended-threaded/

No practical reason, just never seen wonder and that made me ask why - I mean what is a guy to do with his extra G24's...  Thanks for the link, I have enjoyed the Bar-Sto barrels I've used in the past, but the price takes the wonder out of it.

1 hour ago, Braxton1 said:

I like the thought.  It'd be hella accurate, but slow. 

Most people have a tendency to slow down when they shoot a gun with a very long sight radius.  With a long sight radius, the sights look grotesquely "off" if they're mis-aligned the slightest little bit.  Shooters will usually attempt to get what they perceive as "perfect" sight picture, when all they really need to do is get the front sight somewhere in the same ZIP Code as the rear sight.  If you can break that desire and settle for "good enough", it could work.

I would call Bar-Sto or KKM.

Good Point.  I had to play with the sight thickness and notch size to counter act some of what you talk about.  Right sizing blade and notch has gained me back a bunch of that time on target inside 10yds.

I don't want a Sightblock (I don't see the point, sorry), but I have been looking for a threaded barrel for my G24...  Just because, and maybe it would be fun to mount a comp. 

$400?  Really, Bar-Sto?