Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate vs. 2011 for Open

mniels

There's not really a wright or wrong. IMO a very individual and personal choice and always the shooter's preference. Personally I favor 2011 open guns. I have 2 BA SAS 2 Bullesteros and 1 UR, all in 9 mm major. I have also shot the Czechmate in 9 mm major several times. I just prefer the 2011 system, working and grip(angle). There are several OD shooters in my club, who swear by their Czechmate, with which they have little issues and also shoot well. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I agree.

I started with the Czechmate. It is a fine pistol. The only issue that I found, across all forums, was that the mags are not set up very well at the factory. They have a problem of having some rounds "nose dive" into the ramp instead of moving higher into the barrel. It happens VERY often, enough to force you to send your mags out to a gunsmith in Los Angeles, who specializes in his own mag springs and followers. He then tunes the feed lips on the mags to get them to be 100%. It's not a big deal, but you would think that CZ would do this before they leave the factory! I also had to mess with indexing the compensator, an issue that Bul does not have, as the compensator is part of the barrel.

I saw the Bul Armory SAS ll UR model mentioned on a forum, when Bul was changing over to an enhanced model for the 2022 season. I liked what I saw, so I ordered one. It arrived 3 months later.

I took both pistols to the practice range and compared. The Bul gave me tighter groups and felt more "hand fitted" than the CZ did. The fit and finish was MUCH better.

The CZ costs $3,699 with the C-More optic.

The Bul Armory costs $3,590 without an optic, $3,809 with their optic.

For me the choice was obvious, and I sold my CZ.

P.S. I do not know if it is true, but I was told that all Bul competition pistols are final fitted by one gunsmith.

IMG_6156.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Owning both, the 2011 is superior for me.  Czechmate is a good gun but the 2011 has more options out there and just fits me better.