Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon's Rf 100 Automatic Primer Filler Problem

I have just started having trouble with my Dillon RF 100 Automatic Primer Filler. I have loaded thousands of small rifle and large pistol primers with it, with no problems, and just started loading some small pistol ones.

I am now getting 5-7 backwards primers each 100 or so. I have adjusted the screw that holds the blue adapter through which the primers fall as they enter the "pickup" tube so it sat a little lower. I am now still getting 2-4 backwards ones per 100.

Am I missing something? Anything else I should look at? Many thanks for the help.

Edited by nhglyn

• 1 year later...
I am thinking about getting one of these, are they worth it?

Thoughts please

I have a RF100. It's great. Not quite as great as the KISS, but very easy to use and it does one thing while you're doing another-- Grab a box of primers, dump it into the machine any old way, press the button and go crank out 50+ rounds while it fills the tube for you. Repeat until your ammo tub is full or your primer stash is empty.

They jam every so often and they can flip a primer or so per hundred if not tuned just right, but I can live with that.

I bought one and within 30 minutes was ready to throw it out. I thought it was the biggest POS I'd ever seen......until Eric posted about slowing down the speed with a dimmer switch. Why Dillon didn't think of it who knows but the damn thing works like a charm now. Primer tubes no more!

I have two of them (one for large and one for small primers), and I like this units very much. The only problem i had was the timer was not working, i have to switch it off by hand. I solved this problem with a timer that switch the units off.