Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Double Tap Championship

Sherd

I wish I could Run the Raffle waiting for the Scores I have to wait for the Scores to Eliminate the Top Division winners from the table. Don't want them to walk off with a Frame AND something like the CED Chrono.

We are going to get the score keeper to come down more often this year and work with me at club matches so we get use to how we work together and what I need. (club Matches are 6 stages about 150 rnds, 25-40 Shooters) So that will help.

Also found out later, after the Match (during the RO Debrief) that we had Printer problems that slowed down getting the Stats posted.

ALSO want to thank the Ladies in the Texas Lil's Cafe for feeding everyone all weekend. They all voulnteered, and did a wonderful job! Thank you, Pam, Chirstina, Sandra, and Tiffani

Also Thanks to Our Stage Runner- JoAnn McGee for Picking up score sheets and Selling Ice cold drink and Lunch tickets off the back of her four wheeler.

ONCE agian Thank You To all that post here. Too Much Fun, Makes me want to hold another big match next week.

Edited by scorch

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sherd

I wish I could Run the Raffle waiting for the Scores I have to wait for the Scores to Eliminate the Top Division winners from the table. Don't want them to walk off with a Frame AND something like the CED Chrono.

We are going to get the score keeper to come down more often this year and work with me at club matches so we get use to how we work together and what I need. (club Matches are 6 stages about 150 rnds, 25-40 Shooters) So that will help.

Also found out later, after the Match (during the RO Debrief) that we had Printer problems that slowed down getting the Stats posted.

ALSO want to thank the Ladies in the Texas Lil's Cafe for fedding everyone all weekend They all voulnteered an did a wonderful job Thank you Pam, Chirstina, Sandra, and Tiffani

Also Thanks to Our Stage Runner- JoAnn McGee for Picking up score sheets and Selling Ice cold drink and Lunch tickets off the back of her four wheeler.

ONCE agian Thank You To all that post here. Too Much Fun, Makes me want to hold another big match next week.

Yeah, there would be that... maybe save the big prizes like the frames and slides for after the results and if somebody doubles up on a basepad or whatever, then they just get extra-lucky (or make them agree to give it back in exchange... that could be entertaining)

Anyway, thanks to everybody for all the work... I bet you're glad you didn't put the Chronos to use in the match, then repack them onto the table like a lot of matches do.. :D

I can't belive S.S. shot my chrono! I heard Oheler is out of the Consumer market Hope I can get Replacment Parts. Good Idea! Win Something during the Raffle Got to give It back or we put your frame on the Prize table. I think we Might do that and I could do some of the Raffle while we are waiting around on Stats! any more ideas anyone? That was a good one Shred!

Edited by scorch

I can't belive S.S. shot my chrono! I heard Oheler is out of the Consumer market Hope I can get Replacment Parts.

You heard wrong, you can order replacement parts from Oehler.... Somehow I think certain someone's match fee just went up for next year's match :P:D:lol:

Two things would've saved the chrono. #1 - don't put a target with an aiming dot in front of the sky screens.... put it behind them!!! :D That way, you can see the angle the chrono is at, etc. SS put his round a little low, and angling down, and that's why it ended up in the screens. #2 - don't let the shooter put the rounds over the chrono, have someone from the match staff do it.

That said - #2 was slightly impractical on Friday. Robert was real shorthanded, so we were all pitching in to run each other, etc, and keep things rolling.

A shooter in the lobby of the Super-H8 pointed out that it's much like a DQ - there are only two types of shooters: those who've shot a chrono, and those who will :lol: But, we all had a great time ribbing SS about it through the remaining ten stages of the match. Heh heh.

Hey, SS, is that going to be on the DVD??? :D

BTW - only one shooter successfully chrono'ed ammo at that match. And, thankfully, he did, in fact, make major. Even with the cold temperatures. ;)

By SS you mean someone with the same last name as me? :D

Kevin

I can't belive S.S. shot my chrono! I heard Oheler is out of the Consumer market Hope I can get Replacment Parts. Good Idea! Win Something during the Raffle Got to give It back or we put your frame on the Prize table. I think we Might do that and I could do some of the Raffle while we are waiting around on Stats! any more ideas anyone? That was a good one Shred!

I was the one who made the Oehler comment... said I knew they had stopped selling the Model 35: Oehler Out of the Consumer Market

...at the time I made the comment, I said "I thought" parts might still be available. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Yeah, I went by there a few weeks ago and they sold me some parts then and there. Said they had quite a few spares for the most-likely-to-be-shot bits and planned to make more if needed.

They have discontinued the entire line of consumer models however and stock is probably all gone by now.

I was also thinking that a steel donut with a rubber face might be a good idea for anti-chrono-shooting. 10 yards might put the hurt on some peoples rounds, since they'd probably be running 10-15 fps slower at 30' as at 10'.

Carnia Thanks for the Link Called Oheler and they had the Parts. TWO Senors/skyscreens where $85.35. Shipping them Tommorow. Will have the RO shoot the Guns from Now on.

Bad Thing is SS Shot ALL "A's" on the Tragets :D

Steel plate wedges in front of both sensors will deflect rounds to either side and back. Make the wedges to stand about 1 inch taller than the top of the sensor. Weld the front wedge to a flat base. The front one is flush to cover the chrono frame too. The back one is welded to another flat piece that covers the top of the rails at a point just in front of the rear sensor. You will need an opening for the chrono rails to slide under on one side. The flat piece goes from just behind the front sensor to just in in front of the rear one. You might loose a sky screen upright from splatter but the chrono sensors and base are protected.

This is the set up I am building for my PACT . Not sure how the Oehler system mounts though.

BTW- My ammo made 174 PF at home so I figure it was about 180 with the wind assist at the range. ;)

I like the Doughtnut with two pieces of 3/4" plywood Glued together on the face idea in front of the Chrono. Probaly the easies to build and would catch all the splatter. Something like they used at the nationals in the dark house thing.

hey alamo shooter were do you get Magnesium Cloride? Is it harmfull to the soil or grass?

Edited by scorch

1900+ miles round trip was worth it, great match and a great bunch of RO's. You guys did a real nice job. I shot the A3,A5 and A8 last year and the DTC ran much smoother than all of those. There was no huge back ups of squads anywhere that I saw.

I was glad to see a ruling was made quickly and IMO correctly that allowed stage 8, the Heliports to stay in. Great job, glad I could make it.

I like the Doughtnut with two pieces of 3/4" plywood Glued together on the face idea in front of the Chrono. Probaly the easies to build and would catch all the splatter. Something like they used at the nationals in the dark house thing.

hey alamo shooter were do you get Magnesium Cloride? Is it harmfull to the soil or grass?

You know. I think you'll run into the same problem as long as the shooter (competitor or RO) cannot SEE the chrono. That big trangle is not that hard to shoot through at close range as long as you can see that you're in the center of it from front to back.

The grass will still grow latter so on a road it will not keep the grass back. You can do a web search and get good information. The process for putting it down is to water the area and thin spray this stuff on top and do it when it will not evaporate real fast.

It is like Salt water. kinda slimmy, it did not rust out the water wagon or damage the pump. The big probelm is to get it in a small amount like you would need. It noramly comes by the truck load. We / my friends have 250+ galons left I will ask them about it.

send me a Pm if you like = assc@sbcglobal.net

Every time we shot Sporting Clay at Prarire Moon the Lime stone dust would cover everyting you had. Your dust is more like sand and I think the M.C. will work even better.

Some of the Oil field guys use it too.

The stuff made my shoes stiff but I was putting it down

So you spray it on? Have to do it after a rain, since we have no water at the range. Will look into it.

Not real worried about the road. We are going to purchase the Property the road is on in the coming year (right now its just an easement) and add about $5000.00 worth of Gravel / road base to make sure all can get in and out of the range when it is wet , It is no a hugh problem now, but it is intresting (the clay is slick, but there is no stuck hazard, its more like driving on ice.)

Robert,

Mag Chloride is used all over the place for dust and soil adhesion control. Generally mining companies use it for all their dirt roads to help them maintain compliance with particulate air quality mandates. When the MgCl is mixed in solution and then applied to the dirt surface it acts as a binder to keep the dust down. It must be reapplied periodically but it does work very well. Given the oil and gas industry around you guys you should be able to find a business that does the application process with a little searching.

Good luck, Craig

No real reason to do your road = it is just that the stuff is sold for Roads. The parking could be don at the center area and the center line and bays.

We have a water trailer that holds 1000 gal. with a water pump to spray the water solution with. We /(Cut) the M.C. with 50% water to make it spread better.

If you find a contractor with a water truck they will bring out about 2,000 + gallons of water for a min Fee = $150 + or - the truck will have a pump on it to spray with.

Oil is the old way = but it is a mess and not good for the eviroment.

If you did it ater a rain You would still want the water truck 1/2 full dump in the M.C. and wash it over the ground. My guess is that each bay would need about 75 -100 gall of resonable coverage. Or water trucks can be rented for about $50 an Hr.

Thanks Guys, will look into getting a truck or a tank and See if anyone in this area has some or does this. I work with a oufit that does alot of oilfield stuff to grade the road and haul rock for me, I will give them a call.

On a Different note: I just noticed there are over 8100 views on this thread WOW! thats got to be a record or close to one. whats the highest you've seen?

Robert... Part of our business is "Gas Well Pumping" which includes salt water disposal, so we deal with a LOT of tank truck outfits. The going rate for tank trucks (130 barrel fresh water capacity) in our area is about $70.00-$75.00 per hour plus the cost per barrel of fresh water. The water cost will vary by company and where they get their water. I KNOW there's a lot of water being hauled OFF the leases around DTC (just look at the pump jacks running), so there are at least a few companies in the WF area.

If you can't get hooked up with someone, gimme a holler, and I'll call one of the companies in my cell phone and get a closer referral for you.

75,000 HOLY COW!

Thanks Clay Will let you know when we decide to get around to it diffenently before the next major match we have.

That's EXACTLY What we are going for! the March version of Area 2. Only better.... no memory course :)