Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Double Tap Championship

Well We got all the Stages Set up today for the match and I for one are pumped! they look good on paper better even better in a bay! Some small changes to some stages, Will post new designs on the Double Tap Web page next week. Nothing really big.

The Largest change: All you guys out there sitting in your living rooms in front of your TV with your gun in the cushions don't have to practice that draw anymore ( We know your doing that). We decide to take out the Couch in stage one. Since we can't control the weather and did not think folks would like to sit on a wet couch waiting for the buzzer with a rusting gun, we changed the start postion to standing in Start Box, gun in brief case, loaded, down range, brief case closed, unlatched.

To The "Ranch Hands" that came out and helped today.... THANK YOU!

You guys ( Robert Kelly, David Langille, Jim Chambers, Phili Pierce, Shaun Finney) are great!

Edited by scorch

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like to say up front right now to these guys - Robert Kelly, David Langille, Jim Chambers, Phili Pierce, Shaun Finney - THANK YOU! For taking time out of your weekend to allow me to play in a few weeks. :D

Awesome, can't wait.

these guys are great. Really went over the Stages after we set them up. They are pretty much bullet proof (excuse the Pun). And Jim Chambers has yet to shoot a match, Club or otherwise and was out there setting up like a pro. Thanks again Guys

these guys are great. Really went over the Stages after we set them up. They are pretty much bullet proof (excuse the Pun). And Jim Chambers has yet to shoot a match, Club or otherwise and was out there setting up like a pro. Thanks again Guys

To all you guys and gals who are attending the '06 Double Tap, you wont be dissappointed. Even though I have not yet competed I was thouroughly impressed with the thought and design of the courses we set up. Scorch has spent countless hours putting together a top notch competition. All you competitors should have a blast (so to speak).

Thank you BullF-16 for helping and welcome to the Benoverse! Of course a TEXAS sized thank you should go to Robert for all the effort (money), blood (time), sweat (money) and tears (time) that he has put into his range. Did I mention he's put lots of time and money into it too?! If you don't hear it often enough Robert, thank you!

Both of you are more than welcome. THats what keeps me going is GREAT folks I meet at these matches, and did she mention time and Money spent ? don't remind me. (We layed 24 tons of new gravel down in the south side of the Parking area today, only took 3 hours to spread around, but it looks good and will keep us from bogging down in that area).

P.S. for those that know him, Bill Blankenship is in intensive Care in the Hospital, Please keep him in your prayers.

Edited by scorch

Finally sent off my registration. Looked at the stages, and saw lots of chances for brain f*rts! The adrenaline started pumping just like when you step up to the line as the next shooter.

Took a chance and registered in Open, although I've been shooting Limited since I started about a year ago. Got to get busy reloading, and order a few more odds and ends. Really looking forward to it!

Ok! Stage 5. We figured out what the Substance will be. We tired Hissing Beatles and they would not stay in the sink, then we thought about slimmy lard, too slippery. Really was going to freak folks out and fill it with cows blood, but no cows we could sluaghter, plus it stains. Could not find Enough Slugs and they too keept getting out of the sink. So we decided on just plain old H2O.

Thanks, Scorch. This way it is at least something all of us have had to deal with while shooting in the past. Unless you are a fair weather shooter or shoot at an indoor range.

If it rains that weekend, will the sink be left empty so it is different from the surrounding environment? :huh:

Getting anxious for match day.

Craig

Scorch,

I scanned through this thread and the other info on the match, so if I missed this answer I apoligize in advance. Is the DTC going to be a Point Series match?

Wow, I just noticed that it WASN'T a point series match.... I was counting on it being the first score on my list...

Too late? Next Year? Hopefully the NTS will be?

Edited by cautery

Ok! Stage 5. We figured out what the Substance will be. We tired Hissing Beatles and they would not stay in the sink, then we thought about slimmy lard, too slippery. Really was going to freak folks out and fill it with cows blood, but no cows we could sluaghter, plus it stains. Could not find Enough Slugs and they too keept getting out of the sink. So we decided on just plain old H2O.

Ok <_< H2o is this the West Texas 'Hard Water'? or the North Texas "Soft Water"?

Or can we bring our own water ? The North Texas water is ...Kinda <_< slippery ... but with the West Texas water our hands will be dry before we could reach the gun. ;)

Just please no East Texas 'Stink water"

We have good Hard water here in WF. They have stink water in east texas? now you telll me we could get some of that OR!!! we could put rotten fish guts in our Water...yea, yea thats the ticket.......NOT!

(We layed 24 tons of new gravel down in the south side of the Parking area today, only took 3 hours to spread around, but it looks good and will keep us from bogging down in that area).

So how's the road into the range? Passable with the family sedan?

Yes!

We tested that about three weeks ago when our club match got rained out and one of the Guys stuck around a little late and drove down the road in the rain with a front wheel drive Car and made it out fine. The road gets slick but is WELL packed. So No Problem.

On the STI contingency program for this match. The short answer is... Next Year!

Edited by scorch

Contacted USPSA about using the Match as a classifier, Val told me it was 3 GM's Per division ( as per Jake) to use that division as a classifier. Right now we have 6 Limited GM's and 2 Open GM's, One in the Single Stack Division and none in any other division. so as of today only Limited will be used as a classifier.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how will this affect an unclassified shooter, if at all? The rulebook says that if you place higher than your current classification percentage at a major match, you 'may be promoted to the next higher classification'. But does this mean that it does not apply to unclassified shooters, or does it mean that such a shooter may be assigned their initial classification based on their overall performance in the match?

Thanks,

Art Lundwall

Contacted USPSA about using the Match as a classifier, Val told me it was 3 GM's Per division ( as per Jake) to use that division as a classifier. Right now we have 6 Limited GM's and 2 Open GM's, One in the Single Stack Division and none in any other division. so as of today only Limited will be used as a classifier.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how will this affect an unclassified shooter, if at all? The rulebook says that if you place higher than your current classification percentage at a major match, you 'may be promoted to the next higher classification'. But does this mean that it does not apply to unclassified shooters, or does it mean that such a shooter may be assigned their initial classification based on their overall performance in the match?

Thanks,

Art Lundwall

Art, IF I understand the rules properly, this match will count as one classifier. So, let's say you finish 75% of the limited winner - you now will have one classification score of 75%. Just look at the match like one giant classifier. ;)

You'll still need at least 3 more classifiers on record for your first classification.

I had an email conversation with Dave Thomas about this subject a couple of years ago and came away with the belief that the 3 GM rule is a somewhat 'soft' rule (meaning, there doesn't ALWAYS have to be 3 GM's, and that it matters which GM's are in the mix...makes more sense to me that way).

Paraphrasing the content of the note from Dave...

"The "three GM" standard is a policy guideline which we follow pretty carefully, but not exclusively. Sometimes other considerations come into play."

So...I would think that since this match will have 2 of the top 10 Open division shooters in the world, that the match score (% finish) will receive heavy consideration for being counted as a classifier in Open division.

Thanks Joesy

I would Like to Have Open Divison count also. Last year, after the fact, they told me Level 1 match don't count no matter what. (Which the match LAST YEAR was, this year- Level 2) I guess it is a matter of WHO you talk to sometimes.

I guess we will have to see what they decide.

Edited by scorch