Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Powder And Load For 40 In Ipsc.

gravedigger

CMJ--I used the FMJ until we had children. Then I switched to CMJ's because there is no exposed lead. The CMJ need a little less powder to make the same velocity as the FMJ. The CMJ's don't lead as much as the FMJ, like a JHP. :wacko: confused yet????

180g MG CMJ

5.0g VV N320

1.200" oal

167pf

CMJ--I used the FMJ until we had children. Then I switched to CMJ's because there is no exposed lead. The CMJ need a little less powder to make the same velocity as the FMJ. The CMJ's don't lead as much as the FMJ, like a JHP. :wacko: confused yet????

180g MG CMJ

5.0g VV N320

1.200" oal

167pf

No... makes perfect sense.

The MG 180 JHP's have a very good rep, and are what I use with a recipe very similar to jeffscaspian and 40AET, w/ similar PF's.

Virtually no lead exposure in reloading, no vaporized lead in shooting (except what comes from your primer), and no barrel leading either, of course.

A bit more, dollarwise, though, if I remember right.

The MG 180 JHP's have a very good rep, and are what I use with a recipe very similar to jeffscaspian and 40AET, w/ similar PF's.

Virtually no lead exposure in reloading, no vaporized lead in shooting (except what comes from your primer), and no barrel leading either, of course.

A bit more, dollarwise, though, if I remember right.

+1