Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger PC Carbine Legal

I have been out of the game since before the whole PCC division came about. I have a buddy who wants to start shooting with me again and wants to use a Ruger PC. They are legal for USPSA correct.

I tried searching and didn’t find it and I looked at the rules and it seems to fit the “box” but it seems a lot has changed since I left so I figured I will ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since he already had it and it is legal he needs to go shoot a few matches and try PCC.  It is definitely a different game.

Can always race it up with some TandenKross parts.

Yeah that’s what he wants to do

On 9/13/2020 at 9:50 AM, laz2011 said:

There are a lot of parts for the Ruger pc I would recommend to replace the extractor with one sold by Mcarbo . It should eliminate extraction problems . They also sell a trigger kit .

Ditto on the Mcarbo extractor for the Ruger.

Look at a factory extractor vs the Mcarbo.   The difference (for the good) will be obvious.

AD

17 hours ago, ADulay said:

Ditto on the Mcarbo extractor for the Ruger.

Look at a factory extractor vs the Mcarbo.   The difference (for the good) will be obvious.

AD

+1 on the extractor. I also have the Mcarbo buffer, recoil spring retainer, bolt head and extractor pins. It all works perfectly. 

I haven't touched the trigger yet, it's a little heavy, but not bad. The Volquartsen replacement trigger module is interesting, but a bit spendy at $273.00

+1 on the extractor. I also have the Mcarbo buffer, recoil spring retainer, bolt head and extractor pins. It all works perfectly. 

I haven't touched the trigger yet, it's a little heavy, but not bad. The Volquartsen replacement trigger module is interesting, but a bit spendy at $273.00

Wow that’s spendy. I wish there was a like button. I appreciate all the responses. I know there are other topics for these but it’s nice to have it all in one place

On 9/14/2020 at 9:08 AM, ss+P said:

Yeah that’s what he wants to do

Shooting a first match with a PCC can be intimidating, just need to do as much home work as possible.  Maneuvering the gun around walls and in ports is something that needs practice.