Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Honcho Shooters

Nic_USPSA_C

I received my honcho about a month ago. I have switched out the barrels to try them out but I mainly shoot open. I have been mainly using the 9 major barrel. My plan is to shoot limited soon so I will be switching out the barrel. Also, if I go shoot a major match I will switch it out to 38 SC since my other open gun us 38SC and that way I will have a back up readily available if needed. So really it's up to you how often to change the barrels. I will definitely say that the gun is totally worth it and you will not be disappointed. Below is a link to a Facebook post on the last match I shot with my honcho. I ended up winning the match.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I received mine earlier this year and shoot exclusively 3 gun.  I’m always switching back and forth between the 9mm limited and single port open depending on the match I’m shooting.  For the price you pay you can’t beat the set up and versatility you get. 

Edited by Pcew73

Thanks for the input - I shoot open minor and do not reload.  At larger matches I shoot 9mm major.  Since I only have 9mm mags I have been leaning toward the 3 9mm barrel options.

Did you upgrade to the Stainless Grip or did you stay with aluminum?

Thanks for the input - I shoot open minor and do not reload.  At larger matches I shoot 9mm major.  Since I only have 9mm mags I have been leaning toward the 3 9mm barrel options.

Did you upgrade to the Stainless Grip or did you stay with aluminum?

I got the steel grip becasue my other open gun has one. For me once I went to the steel grip I will never go back to plastic. Also if you are going to shoot 9mm minor then I recommend getting the 1 port comp barrel as well. The 3 port comp will not cycle the minor ammo. I use winchester ranger 147 gr for duty and its hot stuff and the honcho will not cycle it with the 3 port comp. So i will be ordering a 1 port comp barrel to use that ammo since I will have an abundance of that ammo soon.

I got my Honcho 2 weeks ago.  I ordered mine only in 9 major.  I only want to shoot open so i didn't feel the need for a limited or 9 minor barrel.  Liking it a lot.  Only issue I had was the trigger is 3+ pounds.  Other folks i talked to have lighter but mine gauges consistently at over 3.  I will tweak it and lighten it.  Good luck.

I got my Honcho 2 weeks ago.  I ordered mine only in 9 major.  I only want to shoot open so i didn't feel the need for a limited or 9 minor barrel.  Liking it a lot.  Only issue I had was the trigger is 3+ pounds.  Other folks i talked to have lighter but mine gauges consistently at over 3.  I will tweak it and lighten it.  Good luck.
Thats crazy, my trigger came in at 1.75 lbs

On 9/10/2020 at 9:30 PM, scduckman03 said:

Can’t wait to get mine. Was told last week my pistol was in the next  PO that will be coming back from coating. Got the 9 minor sight block, 9 major, and 38sc barrels

Can’t wait to see it TJ!

4 hours ago, Medic198 said:

As in, more difficult than waiting for a Can/ tax stamp

Been there.

I was told the trick to ordering a can or SBR was to purchase one every 3 months.  That way once 1 arrived they all would come arriving after that.  So I have 5 stamps, can’t afford multiple Honchos.

3 hours ago, geraldskip said:

I think what makes it worse is that with my Form 4's, I just accepted it would be 6 months to a year and had no hopes or expectations.

The Honcho had the suggested lead time of 10-15 week (or whatever it was), so every week past that is just rough.

100% agree..