Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster hanger options

Nepherael

This is probably real simple and I'm just making it harder on myself. 

So far I've mostly used comp-tac holsters. All of that comes with the hangers and everything for belt or even tuck options. I just use the belt hanger with drop offset.

However, I recently acquired (secondhand) what I believe is a RHT tactical holster. It has a 3 hole pattern drilled in it (like the predator's targeting reticle) and no hanger. There's a million hanger options out there and I just want to make sure I get the right thing. 

Some questions:

Do all comp holsters have the same 3 hole triangle pattern in them so that pretty much any hanger will work?

Are all the hangers more about belt attachment, drop, and offset because they will attach to any holster with that 3 hole pattern?

If there are different holster hole patterns, how do I know which is compatible with the 3 hole pattern? Is there a name for it? 

And, finally, for a (maybe) RHT holster what would you recommend for a hanger? I'm looking for something with some drop but don't care too much about offset. 

1 minute ago, The Donald said:

Get a BOSS hanger, most holsters are drilled with the Blade-Tech/Comp-tec pattern

Yeah I saw the boss hanger. They're as much as the holster itself but I guess it is what it is. 

That's good to know. So that 3 hole pattern would be considered equivalent with blafr-tech and comp-tac?

That helps because after looking at my new one I felt like I'd be able to use my comp-tac hangers. I just decided not to because it's time I got a decent hanger 

14 minutes ago, Nepherael said:

Yeah I saw the boss hanger. They're as much as the holster itself but I guess it is what it is. 

That's good to know. So that 3 hole pattern would be considered equivalent with blafr-tech and comp-tac?

That helps because after looking at my new one I felt like I'd be able to use my comp-tac hangers. I just decided not to because it's time I got a decent hanger 

Holsters mostly come drilled for either Bladetech or Safariland patterns.  There is some variation like G-Code but that is just a Bladetech with the top 2 holes .75" apart instead of 1.5".  The bottom of your triangle is .75" down.  The BOSS is made to fit Bladetech/Comptac hole pattern unless you buy the additional plate to do Safariland.  

If you order from Red Hill or GX then just choose the Bladetech pattern and you will be ok with almost everything on the market.  If you are not too worried about offset but want some drop then with a shorter set of screws you can just fasten the holster plate to drop plate and be done.  Or sand down spacers for less offset.  

I have a couple hangers (forget what they're called) but the actual hanger has a series of holes in a w ish shape, and the holster has three holes, so it allows you to mount at different angles. When I get home, I'll take pictures of the holster and hanger. If it's what you need, I'll send it to you for shipping only I don't need it

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Check out the CR Speed C-BAX hanger. It has the standard triangle three whole mounting plate. The advantage the C-BAX hanger has over the Boss or Springer hangers is that you can adjust the angle of the gun in ALL directions just like most Race Holsters. The Boss and Springer hangers can't easily adjust the rotation angle of the gun (Moving the grip closer or further away from the belt by twisting it).

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2020 at 8:05 PM, terrydoc said:

CHA-LEE have you tried the Safariland USPSA hanger?  If so how do the C-Bax and the Safariland compare?

I have not tried that one. The C-BAX works so good I stopped looking for a better one.

18 minutes ago, WaltK said:

Does anyone know if the CR C-Bax hanger will fit on a DAA belt?

One website stated that it will fit "very  tight". Any real world experience?

For some belts that are thicker the C-BAX hanger will fit super tight. I used it on one of my older Ernie Hill/Guga Ribas belts and I had to get the inner portion of the C-BAX hanger milled wider. If you want the C-BAX hanger to fit easily onto a belt then use a CR Speed belt.