Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broken Legion X-5 Grip Module

Goose78

• 2 months later...

Sig said the new grips don’t actually have the little wings. He said they would replace it though but that basically it wouldn’t affect the functionality at all. I didn’t feel like waiting a week so just kept shooting. 

5 hours ago, Rpope423 said:

Mine just did it today while cleaning. What did you come up with?

Remove the other one. The new grip modules no longer come with those little nubs. The new grip module is on the left. The old or original grip module on the right. The one on the right looks blue because I had the grip module Cerakoted. 

C889D798-7384-48FD-892B-0729C94F894C.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2020 at 12:09 AM, Goose78 said:

Anyone have this happen to their grip yet? About 7k rounds through it. Going to call Sig tomorrow and see if they can help. Supposed to shoot a match Sunday think it’ll hold up?4210E85B-AF72-4D1A-B7F3-29AA7D1DD946.thumb.jpeg.81591499b33e034bac44bddb3dff8fa2.jpeg

Noticed today mine has done the same thing in the same place on an X5 Legion after approx 4850 rounds.  Called Sig, they said it is not covered by warranty because it does not affect the operation of the gun.  Warranty does not cover "cosmetic" issues.  Not a big deal but I was hoping for more from Sig on a $900 Legion.