Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newer X5 Legion factory drilled for Trijicon - screws?

NCJammer

2 hours ago, Richie said:

Anyone know how to tell if a new legion is drilled for the rmr/sro footprint? Found one with Feb build date, but can't pull the plate off at LGS.  Thanks!

Only way to find out is to pull off the plate and check if there are three pairs of mounting holes.

3 hours ago, Richie said:

Anyone know how to tell if a new legion is drilled for the rmr/sro footprint? Found one with Feb build date, but can't pull the plate off at LGS.  Thanks!

it’s different underneath, on the older legions the non extractor side of the slide has a hollowed out section and you can see the screw holes from the bottom.  The newer slides that accept the rmr/sro has a sealed/reinforced area for the optic screws and the holes aren’t exposed.

ive circled the difference in the following pics. 

edit: the example of the older slide would normally only have 1 hole in the area I’m talking about, mine is direct milled for a r3 so there is an additional hole. 

BE5BB18B-BD93-45FD-9378-162860F01EE9.jpeg

427E0749-A80E-4A42-A0C2-B5E155691732.jpeg

Edited by Rich406

3 hours ago, Lowsc3 said:

Anyone have any pics of how the SRO sits in the newer slide. I'm wondering how low it mounts. 

I don’t have a pic, but the optic doesn’t touch the slide on either end. That bothers some people. 

13 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

I don’t have a pic, but the optic doesn’t touch the slide on either end. That bothers some people. 

Hmm i get what you mean, still the plates ive seen make it sit pretty high and back so im just curious. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/25/2020 at 1:21 AM, TenKen714 said:

NCJammer, do you know the manufacture date of your legion or when you acquired it? I'm trying to figure out when Sig started making legions with holes drilled for the RMR/SRO in addition to the R1Pro. Thanks!

I was also wondering this and was about to ask the same question.  Hopefully we’ll get a response soon. 

Disregard.   Found the answer on page 2. 

Edited by gaj529

• 6 months later...