Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scope for 300 win mag

Austin81

4 minutes ago, SnipTheDog said:

Who says you have to buy Chinese anything?  OP was looking for information and the goal of information is to weigh one's options, provide your own checks and balances to that information.  Other than that, you're standing on a soap box trying to impose your beliefs and your frame of reference on the rest of the world.  You say you don't want to buy Chinese crap, but I'm pretty sure that most of the technology you depend on is made in China.  Crap or not.

It was the OP who stated he didn't want a Chinese product.

The thread is interesting and about product features & quality.......not sure what you are making it about.

I'm also in the same boat as the OP.    I have a rifle that I want to use for hunting and to enjoy shooting 4-600 yards on range sessions with buddies.   The scope recommendations are interesting.   NH has my interest.

Edited by DubfromGA

1 hour ago, SnipTheDog said:

Who says you have to buy Chinese anything?  OP was looking for information and the goal of information is to weigh one's options, provide your own checks and balances to that information.  Other than that, you're standing on a soap box trying to impose your beliefs and your frame of reference on the rest of the world.  You say you don't want to buy Chinese crap, but I'm pretty sure that most of the technology you depend on is made in China.  Crap or not.

Easy there snowflake.  Dude is looking for a high quality rifle optic.  Far as I'm aware, there's nothing coming from PRC that fits that description.  Plus, China also has lots of predatory business practices they tie to market access, like mandatory technology transfers, etc.  They also steal IP and other technology as SOP.  And that's just scratching the surface.  So it's perfectly legit if people want to spend their money elsewhere. 

I do my dead level best to not buy crap from China if I can avoid it every single day....that's my will and I'm not imposing it on anyone...you want to buy what I think is junk, knock yourself out..

I still believe that when it comes optics there is no such thing as being able to buy "too good" of glass..

Edited by falconpilot

On 5/15/2020 at 12:55 PM, SnipTheDog said:

maybe you should read his post he recommend a nikkon and in the heading I said I don't want to buy a Chinese scope so if I'm going to be ridiculed for that well excuse me. I have the right to my beliefs and you have the right to your beliefs. 

14 hours ago, Austin81 said:

maybe you should read his post he recommend a nikkon and in the heading I said I don't want to buy a Chinese scope so if I'm going to be ridiculed for that well excuse me. I have the right to my beliefs and you have the right to your beliefs. 

So you're saying the Nikon is made in China?  The Nikon is designed in the US and Japan, the glass is made in Japan, and it's assembled in the Philippines.  I don't see where China comes into play.

If you don't like the Nikon, then buy something else.

Edited by SnipTheDog

9 hours ago, SnipTheDog said:

So you're saying the Nikon is made in China?  The Nikon is designed in the US and Japan, the glass is made in Japan, and it's assembled in the Philippines.  I don't see where China comes into play.

If you don't like the Nikon, then buy something else.

FWIW.....News from a reliable source that's in the industry.....Nikon is getting out of the scope business.

Take a look at Steiner also. :) 

1 hour ago, assaultthesalt said:

FWIW.....News from a reliable source that's in the industry.....Nikon is getting out of the scope business.

Take a look at Steiner also. :) 

I've heard great things about Steiner scopes, but they are pretty spendy.  One of their 6x25 scopes was well over $3k if I remember right.

52 minutes ago, SnipTheDog said:

I've heard great things about Steiner scopes, but they are pretty spendy.  One of their 6x25 scopes was well over $3k if I remember right.

I have the PxI 1x-4x24 on a AR and the T5X 5x25x56 FFP on a custom 300 Win Mag......awesome scopes ! Plan on replacing everything with Steiner at one point in time. :)