Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Competition Barrel For Glock 35

alglock35

Hi Alex,

Welcome!

I shoot primarily USPSA Production class with a G34 and have a KKM barrel in it.

It is a good barrel..no problems. Accuracy was not really improved over the stock barrel but it didn't get any worse either. Groups are around 2 inches at 25 yards. The brass I get back is much easier to resize due to a tighter, fully supported chamber. You might want to give KKM a look.

Storm Lake puts out some good stuff too although I have not tried one. Others seem happy with them.

And there is always BarSto. The Mercedes of Glock barrels.

kkm precision is a great barrel. It has better accuracy than stock, plus not worried about shooting reloads through. no need for gunsmiths for custom fit. I have heard of other people having feeding problems with the storm lake. +1 on the kkm. Plus it looks cool :)

Edited by PAPER KILLER

Well you've gotten a number of suggestions. Best to look at the different mfg's, give them a call, chat them up, then decide.

We can get in a piddling contest over stories we have heard of this barrel, problems with that, etc. Your mileage will vary!

Aftermarket barrels vary in quality and fit depending on the manufacturer. For the largest accuracy improvement over stock, the hand fit over sized barrel is the way to go, but it must be fit properly. If the additional accuracy is worth the additional money is a personal question only you can answer.

Feel free to either email me or call the shop directly if you have any questions regardless of whose barrel you decide on.

• 3 weeks later...
KKM is the way to go. I have KKM in my 24 and 35 and the accuracy and fit is great. Barsto is a good barrel but the extra cost is not worth it IMO.

I have a KKM 9mm conversion barrel in my G35 and like it a lot. Will probably also pick up a KKM stock .40 for it at some point.

John L

• 2 weeks later...