Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA website

gnappi

I've been following a few items on the EAA site, in particular the full size mag spacers and they have been "Out Of Stock" since well, forever.  Having some free forced COVID downtime I called and they have a few dozen in stock... their part guys don't have the time to update the site. REALLY?

No wonder CZ is and has been kicking their arses, in my experience CZ has  no such troubles. 

So, if you have been checking their site for parts it pays to call, and while you're at it maybe crab about their crappy site 🙂

IFG is in the Tanfo business now but from my understanding they are unable to import anything that EAA has.  With the recent price jump on EAA Tanfo products I also wonder why Tanfoglio hasn't dropped them?

On 5/1/2020 at 5:49 AM, Sc0 said:

IFG is in the Tanfo business now but from my understanding they are unable to import anything that EAA has.  With the recent price jump on EAA Tanfo products I also wonder why Tanfoglio hasn't dropped them?

+1.

Unfortunately as of now they only have the Defiant / Limited pro models, but theose are  available in models with small frames which fit some hands better than the large frame models AND some WITHOUT a rail. 

On 5/1/2020 at 5:49 AM, Sc0 said:

11 hours ago, gnappi said:

+1.

Unfortunately as of now they only have the Defiant / Limited pro models, but theose are  available in models with small frames which fit some hands better than the large frame models AND some WITHOUT a rail. 

Both are correct! EAA is annoying to deal with on every level. IFG could be the answer we are looking for. But it does suck you can get the same guns from them. I do like the new offerings though in the Stock master, and Limited Master...and I already own a Lim Pro as well which has been fantastic.

Back when I was dealing in tanfo parts EAA screwed up almost every single order I placed for internals. They were awful about just sending whatever random bunch of crap they pulled out of the drawer. It became quickly apparent we knew more about the guns and parts than they did and that was frustrating to say the least. I'm sure it's changed now since Eric is with CZ, but back then, Eric was the only way to get the right parts or the parts EAA never had. He could get anything you wanted in any quantity you wanted it in and when it showed up it was the right stuff.

On 5/4/2020 at 9:21 AM, zsavage81 said:

Back when I was dealing in tanfo parts EAA screwed up almost every single order I placed for internals. They were awful about just sending whatever random bunch of crap they pulled out of the drawer. It became quickly apparent we knew more about the guns and parts than they did and that was frustrating to say the least. I'm sure it's changed now since Eric is with CZ, but back then, Eric was the only way to get the right parts or the parts EAA never had. He could get anything you wanted in any quantity you wanted it in and when it showed up it was the right stuff.

Ive had so much better luck getting parts and things for myself from Patriot Defense, and BSPS. EAA is a total mess on small parts for sure.

Well, my mag spacers came in today, all six that I ordered 🙂 

Funny, the back of the spacer is cut away as if they were made to fit a frame with a lanyard. I feels a bit odd, but not as bad as a full size mag in the compact frame does.

So kudos again to EAA, I ordered 9mm mags from them last year and that order came in without a hitch. Maybe they are turning a corner? 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I really want to get a "Wonder" compact slide to put on my full size steel then get the barrel threaded but they haven't had compact 10mm "Wonder" finish slides in over a year. Also wish I knew the OAL of the compact slides so I know how it'd look on the full frame [all this because I don't like how the dust cover ends abruptly and I'd rather modify my gun than buy a new one].

1 hour ago, Pippu_Paladin said:

I really want to get a "Wonder" compact slide to put on my full size steel then get the barrel threaded but they haven't had compact 10mm "Wonder" finish slides in over a year. Also wish I knew the OAL of the compact slides so I know how it'd look on the full frame [all this because I don't like how the dust cover ends abruptly and I'd rather modify my gun than buy a new one].

And from another post:

"How about how a compact slide mates up with a full size/"steel" frame? Would the slide be about the same length as the dust cover then?"

I have two Witness compact slides, neither fit my full sized frames so slide / frame fit is pretty variable and would likely need fitting, but I took a pic for you of mine so you could see how it would look with full sized frames.  The blued slide is from a small frame compact, the wonder finish is from a full size 10mm compact. I hope it helps your decision.

witness_lg_frame_compact_slide.jpg

1 hour ago, gnappi said:

And from another post:

"How about how a compact slide mates up with a full size/"steel" frame? Would the slide be about the same length as the dust cover then?"

I have two Witness compact slides, neither fit my full sized frames so slide / frame fit is pretty variable and would likely need fitting, but I took a pic for you of mine so you could see how it would look with full sized frames.  The blued slide is from a small frame compact, the wonder finish is from a full size 10mm compact. I hope it helps your decision.

witness_lg_frame_compact_slide.jpg

Thank you very much! It's odd, it almost looks like I already put a shorter slide on my frame looking at the length difference in my pistol as it came stock. What is the OAL of your compact slides? That way I can just measure my frame and see how they'd mate up length-wise.

Witness.jpg

The slides are 6 3/8" but since yours has a rail it looks like they made the dust cover longer like maybe 2" +? My dust covers without rails are 1 1/4" (compact) 1 1/2" (full size) measured from the front of the trigger guards. I think that's where the illusion is. 

5 minutes ago, gnappi said:

The slides are 6 3/8" but since yours has a rail it looks like they made the dust cover longer like maybe 2" +? My dust covers without rails are 1 1/4" (compact) 1 1/2" (full size) measured from the front of the trigger guards. I think that's where the illusion is. 

Sweet! My dustcover is also 6 3/8 so if I can pull this off it'll come out looking like a shortened Wonder-finished Stock III. I really wish Tanfo made a Wonder Stock II but I'll take what I can get.