Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock Master

On 6/6/2020 at 7:13 AM, RGC said:

So back to the Stock Master....any other feedback?  I have 2 Stock 2's that are fairly decked out (one needs to be shot is all) and getting PD slides made for them but may grab a Stock Master to play with.  I like the feel of the Stock 2 but when Eric Grauffel was in Canada he made me a stock 3 there and I seemed to just outright perform better with it.  That was 6 years ago and its been long gone when I moved to the US but am considering going back to that feel.

I just bought a Stock-Master and plan on a full xtreme/bolo upgrade. I'm going to try the PD lightweight guide rod, and maybe even flute the bull barrel, to drop some of that front weight. 

patriot-defense-tanfoglio-lightweight-guide-rod.jpg

UAC-TM-00035 - 05-1000x600.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/17/2020 at 9:55 PM, TanfoGuru said:

I just bought a Stock-Master and plan on a full xtreme/bolo upgrade. I'm going to try the PD lightweight guide rod, and maybe even flute the bull barrel, to drop some of that front weight. 

Really? In that case, why did you buy the Stock Master, and not the Stock 3 or Stock 1 instead and saved yourself some money?

The idea behind the Stock Master is to combine the weight of the bull barrel Stock 2 with the weight of the rail of the Stock 3, for minimal recoil and muzzle flip. The Stock Master is deliberately made nose heavy, because that weight mitigates recoil. If you don't like that the Stock Master is nose heavy, there are other, cheaper, guns that will work better for you.

@mrd this does indeed seem strange. CZ shooters are delighted with the similarly-balanced Shadow 2, and many would be delighted to add the Tanfo’s bull barrel.

Tanfo guys on the other hand are pickier about balance. I agree than an IFG limited pro or a Stock 2 would make more sense than lightening this one.

On 10/19/2020 at 1:07 AM, mrd said:

Really? In that case, why did you buy the Stock Master, and not the Stock 3 or Stock 1 instead and saved yourself some money?

The idea behind the Stock Master is to combine the weight of the bull barrel Stock 2 with the weight of the rail of the Stock 3, for minimal recoil and muzzle flip. The Stock Master is deliberately made nose heavy, because that weight mitigates recoil. If you don't like that the Stock Master is nose heavy, there are other, cheaper, guns that will work better for you.

I got it for the slide cuts, longer bull barrel, and hard chrome finish. It's lighter up front than a stock 3 from all the slide milling of the cuts, stroke, and making room for the bull barrel. And that's the best part, shoot it stock, shoot it with a light guide rod, and if I still want some weight reduction then I can flute the barrel. I can tune it to exactly how I want it...

Edited by TanfoGuru

On 10/19/2020 at 6:02 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

@mrd this does indeed seem strange. CZ shooters are delighted with the similarly-balanced Shadow 2, and many would be delighted to add the Tanfo’s bull barrel.

Tanfo guys on the other hand are pickier about balance. I agree than an IFG limited pro or a Stock 2 would make more sense than lightening this one.

I have many CZs but I'm not a big fan of the new CZC A01-LD or it's price tag. The Stock-2 and Limited Pro just seem dated to me now. I might not lighten it at all after shooting it, but some have said it's too nose heavy. I just got it today and holding it seems very nicely balanced.

STOCK MASTER 1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...