Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Romeo3 XL or MAX on Everglades RTS2 Mount ?

Hawk21

Can someone confirm the Romeo3 max or xl will fit the Everglades RTS2 Mount?  (Pics would be awesome) I know another builder had to come out with a new version of the RTS2 Mount in order to allow the Romeo3 max enough clearance on muzzle side of Mount.

thanks in advance!

4 minutes ago, Hawk21 said:

Can someone confirm the Romeo3 max or xl will fit the Everglades RTS2 Mount?  (Pics would be awesome) I know another builder had to come out with a new version of the RTS2 Mount in order to allow the Romeo3 max enough clearance on muzzle side of Mount.

thanks in advance!

It will not. 

683884607_thumbnail(1).jpg.5d57920698dae28050d8a679b17a02f8.jpg

Edited by echotango

17 minutes ago, Hawk21 said:

Wow....not even some milling of the blast shield could make that work. Thanks for the pic echotango!

You can make it fit with some fitting. It has been done.  I just sold the Everglades and replaced the mounts. 

Since I already had an rts2 mount and was too cheap to buy another mount, I sharpie marked the top surface of the mount then I screwed the dot gently to the mount and scribed around the base of the dot.  Then I took the scope off and used my cheap Chinese mill with the smallest end mill I own and cut up to the scribe lines.  With some patience(and a steady hand) you could do the same mod with a dremel and some needle files.  Having said that if I didn't have a mount already (and was impatient to try the new dot😄) I'd have bought one that fit.

11 minutes ago, caspian guy said:

Since I already had an rts2 mount and was too cheap to buy another mount, I sharpie marked the top surface of the mount then I screwed the dot gently to the mount and scribed around the base of the dot.  Then I took the scope off and used my cheap Chinese mill with the smallest end mill I own and cut up to the scribe lines.  With some patience(and a steady hand) you could do the same mod with a dremel and some needle files.  Having said that if I didn't have a mount already (and was impatient to try the new dot😄) I'd have bought one that fit.

This is what I will likely do if I ever find a Sig at a reasonable price with a 6moa dot.  I'll try to keep my mount since it is coated to the gun.  I'll be using an American made mill though.

This is what I will likely do if I ever find a Sig at a reasonable price with a 6moa dot.  I'll try to keep my mount since it is coated to the gun.  I'll be using an American made mill though.

In Max’s IG Live Dry Fire session on Friday, he said more (200-300) of the Sig optics will be available in a few weeks. After that he said they should been easier to get, smoother/more frequent distribution.

I know it wasn’t one if your OP choices but you might look at Akai Custom parts. They have a couple different mounts to choose from & seem to be able to easily make modifications as needed. They really helped me out when I was trying to match (feel & weight) my back up open gun to my match gun. Love their thumb rests & magwells too.

2 hours ago, KellyB said:

In Max’s IG Live Dry Fire session on Friday, he said more (200-300) of the Sig optics will be available in a few weeks. After that he said they should been easier to get, smoother/more frequent distribution.

I know it wasn’t one if your OP choices but you might look at Akai Custom parts. They have a couple different mounts to choose from & seem to be able to easily make modifications as needed. They really helped me out when I was trying to match (feel & weight) my back up open gun to my match gun. Love their thumb rests & magwells too.

Is the 3moa version even worth considering?  I know of a place that has them on sale for $479.99 shipped free but not shipping for a week.  

4 hours ago, aandabooks said:

Don't blame you... if I ever find a nice M head Bridgeport or Clausing or  maybe a Rockwell mill that fits the space I have, I'll buy one (it'll make a good companion to my Monarch 10ee)

Is the 3moa version even worth considering?  I know of a place that has them on sale for $479.99 shipped free but not shipping for a week.  

I wouldn’t go 3 moa. The 6 moa is more versatile, especially in high sun. The 6 moa can turn down to as small as I would ever need to go on distance targets, distant head shots on some of the classifiers.

5 minutes ago, KellyB said:

I wouldn’t go 3 moa. The 6 moa is more versatile, especially in high sun. The 6 moa can turn down to as small as I would ever need to go on distance targets, distant head shots on some of the classifiers.

I've been holding off waiting for a 6moa to come available somewhere.  I have the RTS2 now and it is a nice optic at $310.  I've just decided I'm not paying $600+ for a Sig.  I figure there is a reason the 3moa is available but everywhere is out of stock on the 6moa.

5 hours ago, KellyB said:

Took my akai SRO Mount and got to work.  Clipped the post off and then drilled / tapped.  Just have to make sure and hold optic plumb while tightening down.  Should work fine since I don’t plan on taking it back off once I spray the Mount black.i9DMDaU.jpgK707JVP.jpgee9mGdg.jpg

I've been holding off waiting for a 6moa to come available somewhere.  I have the RTS2 now and it is a nice optic at $310.  I've just decided I'm not paying $600+ for a Sig.  I figure there is a reason the 3moa is available but everywhere is out of stock on the 6moa.

Try the Midway “notify me when in stock” option. You have to be super quick on it though, like immediately when you get the email.

Took my akai SRO Mount and got to work.  Clipped the post off and then drilled / tapped.  Just have to make sure and hold optic plumb while tightening down.  Should work fine since I don’t plan on taking it back off once I spray the Mount black.i9DMDaU.jpgK707JVP.jpgee9mGdg.jpg

Looks good!

On 4/12/2020 at 6:56 PM, Hawk21 said:

Good on you!

I have an XL I picked up near new and am figuring out a mount.  Have a Honcho incoming (I hope) in a few weeks and its coming with an RTS2/Romeo3 mount but not sure how it will be configured.