Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Heinie Slant Pro Sights

dfwmiket

I just put in an order for a set of Heinie Slant Pro's, to put on my 34..... and in conversation, a buddy of mine said he ran into a problem on the 34 that the front sight was actually not tall enough,and he had to order the taller unit to replace the one that came with the package..... Is this isolated, or is it the usual case? It'd suck to get them installed and find out I had to take them back off..........

Mike

front sight is easy to take off.

but adjustable sights are the way to go.

what kind of ammo was your buddy shooting?

just do what i did to my gun, buy the dawson adjustables and sight it in perfect and leave it alone.

fixed sights, yuck!

I just put in an order for a set of Heinie Slant Pro's, to put on my 34..... and in conversation, a buddy of mine said he ran into a problem on the 34 that the front sight was actually not tall enough,and he had to order the taller unit to replace the one that came with the package.....  Is this isolated, or is it the usual case? It'd suck to get them installed and find out I had to take them back off..........

Mike

Mike,

The front sight is only held in with a screw, very easy to replace or take off. Adj sight are little bit easier, but I love my Sevigny/WTS sights and they are fixed. The only problems guys have faced with the other sights is in the longer Glocks, ie 34,35,24, etc. The others have been fine.

I know there has been a post now and then about this problem, but I have shot several 17, 22, 34 and 35 models with both the Heinie/Dawson combo as well as the Heinie front/rear set and have never seen a situation where the front sight was not the correct height. Not to say that a front sight of the wrong height couldn't be overlooked in quality control, but I would say that would be the exception rather than the rule. I've sold lots of both combinations and have never got a call from a customer who has experienced this problem.

I have a couple of sets of Dawson/Heine on our stuff. Niether installation or front sight height are an issue. As far as I am concerned they are the way to go. And such a problem is likely an isolated incident.

Thanks for the replies. I see that the actual swap out isn't a big deal, for sure..... just glad to hear I most likely won't be putting them on, going out to shoot, finding they don't work, and having to take back off to order something else. I'm looking forward to them! Of course, getting used to black vs. the white dot is a whole 'nuther animal....

Mike

If my memory serves me, I recall reading something on Heinie's web site stating that they make 2 different front sight heights (intentionaly, not out of spec or something), and if the one that is shipped does not shoot to point of aim, they will send you the other height sight. None of the three sets I have ordered had to be exchanged. The Heinie web site explained why they made 2 different height sights, but I don't remember exactly what it was.

If my memory serves me, I recall reading something on Heinie's web site stating that they make 2 different front sight heights (intentionaly, not out of spec or something), and if the one that is shipped does not shoot to point of aim, they will send you the other height sight.  None of the three sets I have ordered had to be exchanged.  The Heinie web site explained why they made 2 different height sights, but I don't remember exactly what it was.

Go to Heinie's site and click on the online store. He lists three different-height front sights (.215, .235, and .250) for sale. My G17 needed the .250 front with the standard Heinie rear. My G26 worked well with the standard height front, and my G34 required a .235. Anybody have any idea why?

FWIW, only th G26 shot to Point-of-Aim with the stock plastic Glock sights.

Kevin M.

Upstate NY

Patientlu waiting for the Topton GSSF Finals....

Have Dawson's on my 34 and 35 set up, would never recomend a non adjustable sight. the Dawson's are good. the only complaint I have is the rear sights are sharp. I have also heard that about the heinies, like its been said easy to change out front sight.