Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

On 5/12/2020 at 1:46 PM, ddc said:

Another option is an aftermarket toolhead.

The one available from Ammobot, "CNC toolhead", has the location over the priming station threaded for a die. 

Standard die threading.

I recently picked one up and the pins were dead-nuts on.

I've just started to use it. Using that "extra" station with the Lee Universal Expander die with the guts replaced by an MBF powder funnel.

(So I've moved my MBF powder funnel from the powder measure and replace it with the Dillon universal case actuator or whatever they call it.)

Probably also provides a bit of "primer hold down". I know some are interested in that.

Space is a bit tight as the primer column is right there. The Lee die fits ok but a Lyman M die would require a bit of clearance work.

Any pics

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, chevrofreak said:

I have been waiting 8 months, so, good luck. 

That is crazy !!!! where did you order from? What Caliber? I really hope they just aren't stringing me along by saying a couple of weeks more ...then the same a couple of weeks later. That has happened already.

Edited by Ghost7tactical

On 5/15/2020 at 9:54 AM, Ghost7tactical said:

That is crazy !!!! where did you order from? What Caliber? I really hope they just aren't stringing me along by saying a couple of weeks more ...then the same a couple of weeks later. That has happened already.

Immortobot in 9mm. 

On 5/15/2020 at 10:54 AM, Ghost7tactical said:

What caliber did y’all order?

1 hour ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Same here 5 weeks and it was 40. 9 and 223 are way behind I was told. 

yeah. When I ordered mine, I was told 8 weeks.    I asked if all calibers were the same wait time, and he told me 223 was even more behind.  But 8 months ? That doesn’t seem right. ‘

On 5/15/2020 at 9:54 AM, Ghost7tactical said:

I am pissed off and tired of waiting.  Immortobot said I am their oldest open order and they were willing to piece together an 1100 in 9mm for me.   I would rather Dillon just get some damned product out rather than their dealers have to compromise their own stock and potentially void warranties to take care of their customers.   I sent Dillon a message tonight, so we will see what happens. 

On 5/25/2020 at 1:13 AM, chevrofreak said:

I am pissed off and tired of waiting.  Immortobot said I am their oldest open order and they were willing to piece together an 1100 in 9mm for me.   I would rather Dillon just get some damned product out rather than their dealers have to compromise their own stock and potentially void warranties to take care of their customers.   I sent Dillon a message tonight, so we will see what happens. 

chevrofreak:

I truly feel and share your pain!  Hope you get it worked out.

I don't remember what caliber you had ordered, but this new member had posted on FB about the EXCELLENT service he had received from DAA when ordering his RL1100. 

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/285615-rl1100-purchase-and-setup/

Maybe give them a call?

HTHs

2 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

chevrofreak:

I truly feel and share your pain!  Hope you get it worked out.

I don't remember what caliber you had ordered, but this new member had posted on FB about the EXCELLENT service he had received from DAA when ordering his RL1100. 

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/285615-rl1100-purchase-and-setup/

Maybe give them a call?

HTHs

I am starting to wonder if Dillon is shafting Immortobot because of their now former connection to Ammobot. 

8 minutes ago, chevrofreak said:

I am starting to wonder if Dillon is shafting Immortobot because of their now former connection to Ammobot. 

Good point, and could very well be true..........

🤔

Just did a phone-in order this morning for an RL1100 in .223 (Steel dies Since the carbide dies wont be available for awhile) and I was quoted 3-4 weeks. I was told .40 will be 2-3 weeks but I don’t have a use for it. Like someone said in their post, I also asked if it’s possible to just send me the machine without any dies but said he can’t do it. 

The rep was very nice and upfront. Dillon also gave me a military discount which save me some money. 

1 hour ago, George16 said:

Just did a phone-in order this morning for an RL1100 in .223 (Steel dies Since the carbide dies wont be available for awhile) and I was quoted 3-4 weeks. I was told .40 will be 2-3 weeks but I don’t have a use for it. Like someone said in their post, I also asked if it’s possible to just send me the machine without any dies but said he can’t do it. 

The rep was very nice and upfront. Dillon also gave me a military discount which save me some money. 

Congratulations!

👍

24 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

Congratulations!

👍

Thank you. I had been reading all the RL1100 threads including yours. It has been very insightful since I’m coming off of a 650 and 550. 

Hopefully it’ll arrive as quoted. I’m excited 😊.

On 5/29/2020 at 8:59 PM, George16 said:

I had a RL1100 on order from mid April in 223 steel.  I talked to a rep Monday and changed my order to not include the dies.  The rep I talked to said that steel dies where 4 months backordered and the carbide might be 4-6 months.  He said changing the press to ship without dies,  would possibly ship within 2 weeks.  Not sure why they told you they couldn't order a RL1100 without dies.

11 minutes ago, NathansRebs said:

I had a RL1100 on order from mid April in 223 steel.  I talked to a rep Monday and changed my order to not include the dies.  The rep I talked to said that steel dies where 4 months backordered and the carbide might be 4-6 months.  He said changing the press to ship without dies,  would possibly ship within 2 weeks.  Not sure why they told you they couldn't order a RL1100 without dies.

That’s great info. I’ll call them right now. 

Thanks a lot.

1 hour ago, NathansRebs said:

About 12 weeks (last part of April) into my 14 week wait for my 9mm RL1100, I also insisted they just send me the press without any dies as I didn't use the Dillon dies anyway!  Was told that WAS NOT an option as every press had to be set up and tested with the included dies before they could be shipped.  

As I found out during this ordeal, accurate info was totally dependent on who you were talking to at the time of your call.........

SMH........

1 hour ago, HOGRIDER said:

About 12 weeks (last part of April) into my 14 week wait for my 9mm RL1100, I also insisted they just send me the press without any dies as I didn't use the Dillon dies anyway!  Was told that WAS NOT an option as every press had to be set up and tested with the included dies before they could be shipped.  

As I found out during this ordeal, accurate info was totally dependent on who you were talking to at the time of your call.........

SMH........

I just got off the phone with Dillon. Thanks to NathansRebs, I was able to change my order to without dies. The rep told me it will be less than a month of waiting. It will still come with the necessary parts for .223 excluding the dues themselves.

While on the phone, I also ordered an extra tool head. They are back ordered on 9mm conversion kits so I asked if it’s okay to buy the S1050 9mm conversion kit and he said it’s fine. The conversion kit is the same between the 1050 and 1100 but the tool heads are different.

Like you, I think it depends on who you talk to regarding the ordering process without dies. 

29 minutes ago, George16 said:

I just got off the phone with Dillon. Thanks to NathansRebs, I was able to change my order to without dies. The rep told me it will be less than a month of waiting. It will still come with the necessary parts for .223 excluding the dues themselves.

While on the phone, I also ordered an extra tool head. They are back ordered on 9mm conversion kits so I asked if it’s okay to buy the S1050 9mm conversion kit and he said it’s fine. The conversion kit is the same between the 1050 and 1100 but the tool heads are different.

Like you, I think it depends on who you talk to regarding the ordering process without dies. 

Glad I was able to help!

Cripes, I've been waiting for my RL1100 since November! .223 caliber with the carbide dies, Mr. Bulletfeeder, RT 1500, and an RF 100 primer filler. Every time I've called I've had a hard time getting anyone to even look up my order—I just get a quick "oh, those should be shipping in a few weeks." :(

4 minutes ago, sobiloff said:

Cripes, I've been waiting for my RL1100 since November! .223 caliber with the carbide dies, Mr. Bulletfeeder, RT 1500, and an RF 100 primer filler. Every time I've called I've had a hard time getting anyone to even look up my order—I just get a quick "oh, those should be shipping in a few weeks." :(

You won't be getting the carbide dies anytime soon.  Dillon's carbide is made in Israel and the whole country was shut down due to China virus - 19.  Not sure if that production has started back or not.  I just know that the last Dillon rep I talked to said it would be 4-6 months on on 223 steel and 6+ months on 223 carbide.  The power cable was the issue with the RT1500s because they came out of China virus land.  Then the recent rep I talked to said it would be a long time before they were shipped out.  Not sure on the primer filler...  I haven't ordered one of those.  Good luck!  I just hope they ship my 1100 within the time frame the rep hinted at...