Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

51 minutes ago, sobiloff said:

Cripes, I've been waiting for my RL1100 since November! .223 caliber with the carbide dies, Mr. Bulletfeeder, RT 1500, and an RF 100 primer filler. Every time I've called I've had a hard time getting anyone to even look up my order—I just get a quick "oh, those should be shipping in a few weeks." :(

There are several sets of 223 dies on ebay....

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, NathansRebs said:

There are several sets of 223 dies on ebay....

Yeah, on eBay as well as in my reloading room! However, it sounds like Dillon is hesitant to release the presses without a set of dies, depending on who you talk with. They have my money, so all I can do is wait and see at this point.

On 6/3/2020 at 11:41 AM, NathansRebs said:

I had a RL1100 on order from mid April in 223 steel.  I talked to a rep Monday and changed my order to not include the dies.  The rep I talked to said that steel dies were 4 months backordered and the carbide might be 4-6 months.  He said changing the press to ship without dies,  would possibly ship within 2 weeks.  Not sure why they told you they couldn't order a RL1100 without dies.

I ordered the large primer system for my 1100 and received it this weekend.  I didn't get a ship notice for it, which worries me, but still nothing on the press...  I hope to see the shipping this week!

1 hour ago, NathansRebs said:

I ordered the large primer system for my 1100 and received it this weekend.  I didn't get a ship notice for it, which worries me, but still nothing on the press...  I hope to see the shipping this week!

Hope you get it soon.

On the other hand, I ordered an extra tool head when I was talking to the rep. I got a shipping notification for it and will be receiving the tool head tomorrow. I also ordered a 9mm conversion kit from DAA and will be receiving it today.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2020 at 10:24 PM, HOGRIDER said:

Dirt:

Sure appreciate the words of encouragement................and I hope there's not a lot missing when the press arrives.  But I'll have some flexibility to give Dillon a reasonable opportunity to make things right.  This sure has been a stressful 12+ weeks of waiting on this thing.  FWIW, I did see one guy post on FB that he had been waiting since December!  So things can always be worse!

Yea, I'm still liking that M7 Evo and hope to see Lyman take this bull by the horns and really promote it!

Will definitely take time to offer some feedback once I'm up and running.  I definitely plan on knowing this RL1100 inside and out before I get totally settled in.......

👍 

I own both M7 Evo and the RL1100, both presses have their pros and cons to be honest.  I hope that Lyman does take this press to the next level but we shall see but the thing that can't be taken away from Dillon is the fact they have been in the game for far longer.  Also, Dillon aftermarket support for upgraded components and parts is pretty unique can't say M7 Evo has the same aftermarkert support as Dillon.  Would be nice if Dillon would finally upgrade their primer assembly system, it's an old outdated system that works still but it could be made a lot better sort of like the M7 Evo did.  Basically M7 copied Dillon and improved upon what Dillon didn't, both presses have their strength and weaknesses if I had to do "all over" I most likely would go the Dillon route.  10 stations is overkill and it's truly not needed, also M7 sensors are pricey AF!  By the time you purchase all the sensors you'll be at the price point of another Dillon press.  

Dillon stock tool head can be upgraded to have 1 additional station too with On Point MFG upgraded toolhead for like $215 You can't go wrong with either commercial press to be honest~  COVID-19 has affected many businesses alike and Dillon, M7 are no exceptions. You'll be happy with the RL1100 Or M7 Evo 

20 hours ago, chgofirefighter said:

I own both M7 Evo and the RL1100, both presses have their pros and cons to be honest.  I hope that Lyman does take this press to the next level but we shall see but the thing that can't be taken away from Dillon is the fact they have been in the game for far longer.  Also, Dillon aftermarket support for upgraded components and parts is pretty unique can't say M7 Evo has the same aftermarkert support as Dillon.  Would be nice if Dillon would finally upgrade their primer assembly system, it's an old outdated system that works still but it could be made a lot better sort of like the M7 Evo did.  Basically M7 copied Dillon and improved upon what Dillon didn't, both presses have their strength and weaknesses if I had to do "all over" I most likely would go the Dillon route.  10 stations is overkill and it's truly not needed, also M7 sensors are pricey AF!  By the time you purchase all the sensors you'll be at the price point of another Dillon press.  

Dillon stock tool head can be upgraded to have 1 additional station too with On Point MFG upgraded toolhead for like $215 You can't go wrong with either commercial press to be honest~  COVID-19 has affected many businesses alike and Dillon, M7 are no exceptions. You'll be happy with the RL1100 Or M7 Evo 

Robert:

THANK YOU for your detailed insight!

👍:)

21 hours ago, chgofirefighter said:

Does their tool head  include a shell plate and indexing modification to support an additional station? I have been leaning towards getting the Mark 7 because I want powder check, bullet drop and separate seat and crimp.  If the Dillon supported this it would be a pretty easy decision.

2 hours ago, Grandmastah said:

Does their tool head  include a shell plate and indexing modification to support an additional station? I have been leaning towards getting the Mark 7 because I want powder check, bullet drop and separate seat and crimp.  If the Dillon supported this it would be a pretty easy decision.

No it's not needed to be honest, the stock Dillon tool head has a hole on top of the primer station, station 3 which is basically an empty hole/useless hole to be honest.  They basically use that extra hole as a station so nothing needs to be modified, etc.  Google is your best friend, also, check the details out on On Point MFG website.  Powder check is a PITA, spills powder all over the place, both the M7, Dillon and DAA one have flaws.  Once you dial in your powder you'll need to trust the process, verify load prior to loading and stop every once in a while to double check powder drop.  

You lose a lot of powder, which is basically throwing money down the drain.  Had all the powder sensors, hated them!  Removed and sent them back for a refund. With Dillon upgraded tool head you can do a lot, quite honestly 10 stations is overkill!~  But whatever works brother, it's your money invest it wisely :)