Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone know what's up with the RL1100 machines being unavailable?  Monday the 23rd will be 8 weeks since I placed my order (9mm), and when I asked on the "chat" window if Dillon was getting close, some smart-a** said 4-6 more weeks; and if that was not acceptable, I could call the toll free number and cancel my order!  

Any Dillon reps here that can shed some light as to what's going on?  I've been a customer since the 1980's and never experienced this poor Customer Service from Dillon Precision!

Thanks for any insight....... 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any insight, but plenty of speculation, lol...

1. It would seem that they didn't learn anything from Mark7's experience when they introduced the EVO and got totally overwhelmed with orders.

2. Dillon had supplier problems earlier in the RL1100 development cycle and maybe those have come back?

3. If they are having supplier problems they may get worse due to the COVID-19 ripple effects.

4. Even if they are not having current supplier problems they may get some due to COVID-19.

5. They may be getting their own labor force problems due to COVID-19 making an already bad situation even worse.

6. ???

Edited by ddc

Since you’ve been a customer of Dillons for 40 years you know how fantastic their customer service is. Things happen with new product releases and on top of this we’re having a major health crisis happening at the same time. It’s easy for me to say to be patient. It will all work out in the end. 

14 hours ago, N7VY said:

Since you’ve been a customer of Dillons for 40 years you know how fantastic their customer service is. Things happen with new product releases and on top of this we’re having a major health crisis happening at the same time. It’s easy for me to say to be patient. It will all work out in the end. 

Excellent response.

Very true.

On 3/18/2020 at 12:20 PM, HOGRIDER said:

Anyone know what's up with the RL1100 machines being unavailable?  Monday the 23rd will be 8 weeks since I placed my order (9mm), and when I asked on the "chat" window if Dillon was getting close, some smart-a** said 4-6 more weeks; and if that was not acceptable, I could call the toll free number and cancel my order!  

Any Dillon reps here that can shed some light as to what's going on?  I've been a customer since the 1980's and never experienced this poor Customer Service from Dillon Precision!

You could also call that same toll free  number and make inquiries that way and find out a bit more than you'll get with their chat.

As for any insight.....there is  pandemic underway that has slowed and in some cases, halted, the supply chains for many goods..... 

Not really looking for speculation...........if so, I'd refer to these posts and videos:

https://www.dillonprecision.com/rl1100-release-date_350_14_4234.htm

We are 100% on track for release date

More "speculation"?

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/270817-cp2000-and-rl1100/?do=findComment&comment=3055062

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/279294-dillon-rl1100-update-from-dillon-today/

And I sure don't buy the "speculation" that the pandemic has delayed manufacturing this type of product.  Anyone have solid info for delays from any other progressive press manufacturers?

Since I've not owned a Dillon "commercial" grade press, I'm wondering if there was this type of delay when Dillon released the Super 1050?  Any original purchasers what to chime in?

Maybe I'm expecting too much..........especially since Mike Dillon is not around anymore..........

On 3/18/2020 at 11:20 AM, HOGRIDER said:

I ordered one with my dealer/rep by my house. He’s a good friend and he ordered it about 4 weeks ago. Thought I would get one quick being he sells a lot for dillon. His man at Dillon told him 13-15 weeks and that’s his time so lord knows what’s really the time frame. I am not holding my breath for it to come in. If no press in that long of a time I will be going the m7 evo way. Been having dillons for 20 years so I will see. This was ordered before all this covid s#!t started. 

On 3/20/2020 at 12:33 AM, Dirtchevy841 said:

I ordered one with my dealer/rep by my house. He’s a good friend and he ordered it about 4 weeks ago. Thought I would get one quick being he sells a lot for dillon. His man at Dillon told him 13-15 weeks and that’s his time so lord knows what’s really the time frame. I am not holding my breath for it to come in. If no press in that long of a time I will be going the m7 evo way. Been having dillons for 20 years so I will see. This was ordered before all this covid s#!t started. 

IMO, 13-15 weeks is not acceptable when their website has every other model available for purchase!  Since the CP2000 is available, I'm having a hard time understanding just what's so very different on the RL1100 that's causing these massive delays?  

I too am starting to do my research on the M7 Evo!

1 hour ago, HOGRIDER said:

IMO, 13-15 weeks is not acceptable when their website has every other model available for purchase!  Since the CP2000 is available, I'm having a hard time understanding just what's so very different on the RL1100 that's causing these massive delays?  

I too am starting to do my research on the M7 Evo!

Talked to my buddy Friday. He called his guy at Dillon. Here’s the issue per his guy. A part was out of spec so they had to send all back and had to redo the 1 part and get them back. He told my buddy the original lead time was 8-12 weeks for a 1100. Now with the delay another 6-8 weeks maybe dillon said. I am not in a rush but if I don’t get it at the 12 week mark I’ll go with m7 evo. Seems like dillons quality control is getting really bad lately. I am like you shouldn’t have to wait this long for it. Probably would be better off with the evo anyway. Quality and parts are better. Just the price is the problem. 

12 minutes ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Talked to my buddy Friday. He called his guy at Dillon. Here’s the issue per his guy. A part was out of spec so they had to send all back and had to redo the 1 part and get them back. He told my buddy the original lead time was 8-12 weeks for a 1100. Now with the delay another 6-8 weeks maybe dillon said. I am not in a rush but if I don’t get it at the 12 week mark I’ll go with m7 evo. Seems like dillons quality control is getting really bad lately. I am like you shouldn’t have to wait this long for it. Probably would be better off with the evo anyway. Quality and parts are better. Just the price is the problem. 

Dirt:

I really appreciate you sharing this info with me.  And, I would think more of the Dillon Reps if they would simply be honest and tell it like it is to those of us who have been waiting patiently!

I agree their quality control and their Customer Service has been a huge let down as of late.  And if the Reps feel so bad about the situation, why not offer a discount for those that are experiencing these huge delays rather that sugar coating it with "we're having supplier issues".............  SMH!!!

Gonna start reading up on the M7 threads and try to remain patient.......but my patience is growing thin.......and yes, that price difference on the M7 Evo is definitely a hold back for me; however I"m sure the CNC manufactured parts/components are much higher quality!

Thanks again!

FWIW:

Talked to "supposedly" someone higher up in Customer sales, and he's saying delays in manufacturing, supply, heat treat, etc have all played a part in delays; however, the primary problem is the enormous amount of back orders they have for the RL1100; and they can only build so many in a day........he also mentioned the CP2000 WAS NOT available and was on back order!

My order placed January, 27th is about #16 in line; and will be approximately another 4-6 weeks before it's ready to ship.

He also stated they went through the same delays when the Super 1050 was released............

SMH..............

Oh boy....l just ordered the RL on March 21st. Looks like my wait may be longer than I hoped for. I wonder how many are really out there, not many YouTube videos etc...on them.

With Coved-19 tossed in to it doesn’t help...maybe they can’t get needed supplies due to closures. During these crazy times everyone has had to make life adjustments so it is what it is. Be safe everyone!

15 hours ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Buddy just got email today from dillon. My 1100 in transit will be delivered Thursday 4-9. 8 weeks since he ordered it for me. 

Dirt:

Thanks for the info...........I'm just a little confused on how this happened:

15 hours ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Buddy just got email today from dillon. My 1100 in transit will be delivered Thursday 4-9. 8 weeks since he ordered it for me. 

Dirt:

Truly glad to hear your machine is on it's way!

Congrats!

:)

1 hour ago, HOGRIDER said:

Dirt:

Truly glad to hear your machine is on it's way!

Congrats!

:)

I’ll ask him when I see him Saturday. Maybe they slide in some dealer orders in the lineup. I’ll ask him. And it maybe a little longer than 8 weeks it’s been awhile. 

ALL:

Decided to take a chance and call Dillon Precision.  At 11:00 am Eastern, I was 21st caller in que.  Finally got to talk with Bob, and UNFORTUNATELY he said it would be another 8 weeks on my RL1100 that was ordered January 27th.  Blamed it on some of their US parts suppliers had closed due to the Covid 19 situation.  Also shared that everything was made in the US except their electric motors as no one in the US offered them.

This has to be the biggest disappointment I've ever experienced with Dillon Precision!!!!!!

For those that have received their machines, CONGRATULATIONS!

5 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

ALL:

Decided to take a chance and call Dillon Precision.  At 11:00 am Eastern, I was 21st caller in que.  Finally got to talk with Bob, and UNFORTUNATELY he said it would be another 8 weeks on my RL1100 that was ordered January 27th.  Blamed it on some of their US parts suppliers had closed due to the Covid 19 situation.  Also shared that everything was made in the US except their electric motors as no one in the US offered them.

This has to be the biggest disappointment I've ever experienced with Dillon Precision!!!!!!

For those that have received their machines, CONGRATULATIONS!

What caliber did you order. Mine is a 40cal. Buddy said he thinks calibers are going out sooner than others because they were built further along than others. He also said dealers were in line just like private sales. Only thing he can think of is the caliber difference deal. Hopefully they didn’t rush to get them out and they run good from start. Hope you get your email soon brother. 

48 minutes ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

What caliber did you order. Mine is a 40cal. Buddy said he thinks calibers are going out sooner than others because they were built further along than others. He also said dealers were in line just like private sales. Only thing he can think of is the caliber difference deal. Hopefully they didn’t rush to get them out and they run good from start. Hope you get your email soon brother. 

Dirt:

First let me say THANK YOU!  for talking with your Buddy and getting some better info!

My press is ordered in 9mm.  I can understand how some calibers may be "further along" than others;  and I understand that Dealers are in line just as private sales are.  I would expect as much!

My first point is that I don't think there would be any difference in small pistol calibers going out as 9mm/38S/40S&W, etc, all would use the same setup except for the actual dies and caliber specific small parts.  Again, small pistol setups should require a basic platform to start with.  Primer system, Case Feeder, Powder Measure, etc.....

Secondly, I just expect, from a company such as Dillon Precision, to follow and conform to their statement that:

............ and backorders are being shipped in order of placement.

Thanks again Dirt!

👍

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to chime in with an update................

I had seriously been researching and reading/watching everything I could on the Mark 7 Evo since I was so aggravated with this unexplainable delay in getting the RL1100.  And trust me, I can appreciate the precision parts that make up the M7 Evo plus I really like the option of having 10 stations!  I understand how CNC machined parts just naturally cost more than other, non precision machined parts.  I learned a lot, during my 3 hour tour of STI Guns last fall, about the investment costs of 3 and 5 axis CNC machines.  But they are a sight to behold just watching how this procedure takes place............

Anyhow, today I received my email from Dillon saying  "We're almost ready to ship yours.  Please phone us with your credit card number.  Due to the high volume of calls, we are unable to call out to customers."  After being the 14th caller in que, I thought I might as well stay with it as I had seen other callers here getting 30+ callers in que.  Finally got connected to "Bob" who was very nice and let me know he was working from a remote location (home?) and felt like the order was ready to be sent out very soon.  He was very cordial, and felt like the big delay in shipping the RL1100 had been due to "several" parts suppliers either shutting down for the COVID 19 epidemic; or simply could not keep up with the enormous demand and decided to drop out.  He said the CS Representatives had literally been bombarded with upset customers wanting to know where their RL1100 was!  And the crew that was doing the assembling and setup/testing of the RL1100s were under so much pressure, that a friendly joke about "whats the hold up" would be met with extremely harsh responses!  I did appreciate his willingness to try and help me understand the situation they had been dealing with..............

I just want to say that my previous experience of dealing with Dillon Precision since the 1980s undoubtedly won over and convinced me that completing this purchase was the right thing to do.

Thanks to everyone that chimed in, and I look forward to gaining some experience with my first "commercial grade" press.  

Regards,

HR 

53 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

Just wanted to chime in with an update................

I had seriously been researching and reading/watching everything I could on the Mark 7 Evo since I was so aggravated with this unexplainable delay in getting the RL1100.  And trust me, I can appreciate the precision parts that make up the M7 Evo plus I really like the option of having 10 stations!  I understand how CNC machined parts just naturally cost more than other, non precision machined parts.  I learned a lot, during my 3 hour tour of STI Guns last fall, about the investment costs of 3 and 5 axis CNC machines.  But they are a sight to behold just watching how this procedure takes place............

Anyhow, today I received my email from Dillon saying  "We're almost ready to ship yours.  Please phone us with your credit card number.  Due to the high volume of calls, we are unable to call out to customers."  After being the 14th caller in que, I thought I might as well stay with it as I had seen other callers here getting 30+ callers in que.  Finally got connected to "Bob" who was very nice and let me know he was working from a remote location (home?) and felt like the order was ready to be sent out very soon.  He was very cordial, and felt like the big delay in shipping the RL1100 had been due to "several" parts suppliers either shutting down for the COVID 19 epidemic; or simply could not keep up with the enormous demand and decided to drop out.  He said the CS Representatives had literally been bombarded with upset customers wanting to know where their RL1100 was!  And the crew that was doing the assembling and setup/testing of the RL1100s were under so much pressure, that a friendly joke about "whats the hold up" would be met with extremely harsh responses!  I did appreciate his willingness to try and help me understand the situation they had been dealing with..............

I just want to say that my previous experience of dealing with Dillon Precision since the 1980s undoubtedly won over and convinced me that completing this purchase was the right thing to do.

Thanks to everyone that chimed in, and I look forward to gaining some experience with my first "commercial grade" press.  

Regards,

HR 

Good choice. You gonna love it and also saving the extra money for other goodies. I am really impressed with it. I did have done shall parts missing like other members mentioned. Parts I was missing were 2 located pins and 1 blue tab. Also was missing the eye hold bolt that holds the return rod for measure. Dillon sent the parts right out and I thought it would take 7-10 days maybe like the rep said but when I got it in 3 days in bold marker on top of invoice it had rush order priority press parts missing on a new rl 1100. I am very glad I stuck with Dillon. Maybe in the future I’ll give m7 a shot but got my needs this press is by far better than my 1050. Good deal Hog. Let us know what you think. 

9 minutes ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Good choice. You gonna love it and also saving the extra money for other goodies. I am really impressed with it. I did have done shall parts missing like other members mentioned. Parts I was missing were 2 located pins and 1 blue tab. Also was missing the eye hold bolt that holds the return rod for measure. Dillon sent the parts right out and I thought it would take 7-10 days maybe like the rep said but when I got it in 3 days in bold marker on top of invoice it had rush order priority press parts missing on a new rl 1100. I am very glad I stuck with Dillon. Maybe in the future I’ll give m7 a shot but got my needs this press is by far better than my 1050. Good deal Hog. Let us know what you think. 

Dirt:

Sure appreciate the words of encouragement................and I hope there's not a lot missing when the press arrives.  But I'll have some flexibility to give Dillon a reasonable opportunity to make things right.  This sure has been a stressful 12+ weeks of waiting on this thing.  FWIW, I did see one guy post on FB that he had been waiting since December!  So things can always be worse!

Yea, I'm still liking that M7 Evo and hope to see Lyman take this bull by the horns and really promote it!

Will definitely take time to offer some feedback once I'm up and running.  I definitely plan on knowing this RL1100 inside and out before I get totally settled in.......

👍