Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

Thanks kamber!

I'm also looking forward to your reviews of the Mk7!

I got it in a few days ago, but won't be setup to use it until mid summer when their new primer collator ships unfortunately. =\

4 minutes ago, kamber said:

I got it in a few days ago, but won't be setup to use it until mid summer when their new primer collator ships unfortunately. =\

Gotcha.........I remember you pointing that out earlier.........

Good luck!

Yeah, I ordered my RL1100 in 40 a few weeks ago. Was told 8 weeks. I asked if it was the same for all calibers, he said no - that .40 was on the short list. .223 was much longer wait.

I decided to do an RL1100 in .40 instead of a caliber change for my Revolution Pro. I'll leave it set up for 9mm, which is the bulk of what I do. Then move the 550 and 650 to .45 and 223

Good decision as I am still collecting the needed pieces and parts to allow me to convert my RL1100 from 9mm to 223.  Total cost including a set of non-carbide Dillon dies(carbide dies for 223 are no longer listed as available), quick change kit, extra tool head, caliber conversion, and the small rifle plate for the feeder is just North of $800.00.....Needless to say I am buying parts and pieces as I can afford to do so......

9 hours ago, OptimiStick said:

Yeah, I ordered my RL1100 in 40 a few weeks ago. Was told 8 weeks. I asked if it was the same for all calibers, he said no - that .40 was on the short list. .223 was much longer wait.

I decided to do an RL1100 in .40 instead of a caliber change for my Revolution Pro. I'll leave it set up for 9mm, which is the bulk of what I do. Then move the 550 and 650 to .45 and 223

Op:

I talked to another Sales Rep at Dillon today trying to get a "feel" as to when it will ship...........told me to call back next Wednesday.  He feels I'll have the press in hand within 10 days.......of course, I'm not holding my breath!

I did press him about delays in the 9mm machines as I had heard/read that it was due to unavailability of 9mm dies.  Well, he strongly stated that they were waiting on the CARBIDE INSERTS for the 9mm dies that come from California; and that they press them into the die bodies right there at Dillon.  Also said they were waiting on Case Feeders; but expected them about the same time as the carbide inserts.  Normal shipments were usually around 1k pieces of the carbide; but right now they were lucky to get 100 at a time.

The really sad part is he stated that .223 orders were at a total standstill as the CARBIDE INSERTS for those dies come from the country of Israel, and that country is in a total shut down and manufacturing NOTHING!

Also re--affirmed that receiving an RL1100 without the dies was not an option from Dillon.  They had to be assembled, setup, and tested in the caliber of choice before it would leave.

What really rubs me the wrong way is the RL1100 ordering page still states this: 

Please note: Due to overwhelming demand, machine orders are currently taking six to eight weeks to ship. We are shipping daily, and backorders are being shipped in order of placement.

I wonder how Mike Dillon would have handled this situation.............I'm sure he's greatly missed!

Wow. My RL1100 showed up today. I ordered it on the 16th. Was told 8 weeks. Fedex dropped it off today. Not even 2 weeks.

Maybe the guy mispoke and meant 8 days, and they were a day late?

Edited by OptimiStick

30 minutes ago, OptimiStick said:

Wow. My RL1100 showed up today. I ordered it on the 16th. Was told 8 weeks. Fedex dropped it off today. Not even 2 weeks.

Maybe the guy mispoke and meant 8 days, and they were a day late?

Mind me asking what caliber?

Direct from Dillon?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, talk about snake bit. My inline plate came, and there was a mix-up and I was sent the wrong plate. Dan fixed it quickly (as he always does. Those guys are great). I finally got the new plate in and time to set up the RL ....and Dillon forgot the locator pins and tabs. Interestingly, they also had a live primer in the system. When I was testing the stroke it popped out.

1 hour ago, OptimiStick said:

Heh, talk about snake bit. My inline plate came, and there was a mix-up and I was sent the wrong plate. Dan fixed it quickly (as he always does. Those guys are great). I finally got the new plate in and time to set up the RL ....and Dillon forgot the locator pins and tabs. Interestingly, they also had a live primer in the system. When I was testing the stroke it popped out.

It doesn't really surprise me these machines are missing a few parts.  I originally found some non-critical parts missing.....called, and they shipped out next day.  The following day was finishing the setup and found out they sent an S1050 casefeeder tube instead of the slightly shorter RL1100 one.  So that shipped out the following day...........

I'm really shocked that your press had a live primer in the system!  Would have really upset the shipper had they found out............but highly unlikely I guess...........

Congratulations on your new RL1100!  I'm sure you'll be loving it's production very soon!

👍

2 hours ago, OptimiStick said:

Same here on my 40 setup. Was missing 2pins and 2 Tabs. Also was missing the eyebolt that holds the powder return rod. 

24 minutes ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Same here on my 40 setup. Was missing 2pins and 2 Tabs. Also was missing the eyebolt that holds the powder return rod. 

Dirt:

Wondering if anyone here has received a 100% complete RL1100 recently?

Some of these parts are critical, and for me, I'm 3 days from Dillon once the order goes out...........

Good luck!

:)

34 minutes ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Exact same things I was missing.  9mm

3 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

Dirt:

Some of these parts are critical, and for me, I'm 3 days from Dillon once the order goes out...........

Good luck!

:)

Don’t know for sure. But they did send it out priority to me and took 2 days to get it. Which it wasn’t that big of a deal. Mines all set up now ready to go. All I have to do is set the bullet seat die and my crimp die for my SV 1.22 oal. I will tell you if you haven’t thought about mounting your mbf by itself off of the case feeder it’s a must I think. Bought a mount from range panda to mount on pole and it’s awesome. 

1 hour ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Don’t know for sure. But they did send it out priority to me and took 2 days to get it. Which it wasn’t that big of a deal. Mines all set up now ready to go. All I have to do is set the bullet seat die and my crimp die for my SV 1.22 oal. I will tell you if you haven’t thought about mounting your mbf by itself off of the case feeder it’s a must I think. Bought a mount from range panda to mount on pole and it’s awesome. 

Dirt:

I have read many posts about the benefits of mounting the MBF  "off press" using a separate mount; and plan on following that procedure if I eventually end up with a MBF.

Right now, I'm simply using the MBF powder funnel under my Dillon Powder Measure.  I love how the MBF expands for the perfect seating of the 9mm bullets I use; FMJ/JHP and Coated Lead!

👍

12 minutes ago, OptimiStick said:

Well, after getting it set up - it looks like the front guidepin on the toolhead is bent. Not bad enough that you can't use it, but bad enough that I shouldn't use it.

Is it binding up when it goes into the frame? How the hell did that get out of the factory bent. They have it tie wrap down so they should’ve felt and seen that. If it’s bent then it should have some resistance going into the frame. 

8 hours ago, OptimiStick said:

Well, after getting it set up - it looks like the front guidepin on the toolhead is bent. Not bad enough that you can't use it, but bad enough that I shouldn't use it.

Sure sorry to hear that!

Maybe you'll end up with an extra toolhead out of this uncalled for ordeal!

🤔

2 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

Sure sorry to hear that!

Maybe you'll end up with an extra toolhead out of this uncalled for ordeal!

🤔

So just an idle thought while drinking the morning cup a joe...

People have been known to take a mallet and a block of wood and "tune" the guidepin. 

Granted Dillon should (and I assume they will) send out a replacement.

But if they don't ask for it back then you might be able to tweak it enough so it could be used.

Dirt:

Good luck!

[emoji4]

My RL1100 was complete. 40 S&W

Got it middle of Feb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk