Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cavalry Arms Match Prop Damage Fees

Went to a 3-gun match this weekend with a few friend's & shot what I thought was a fairley good match untill I was presented with a bill for damaging a prop. It went like this. You shot your ar from a platform, ran down range about 40 yds, picked up a dummy, ran back, and tossed it onto the platform. At this time our squad was told to use the dummy as a rest for the AR to shoot off of. Most everyone did so , as did I. Except my muzzle break gases tore a small hole in the pant's leg I did'nt know off. After the match was over I was told I owed a $100.00 for the pant's & had to pay. I've never seen anyone put a $100.00 pair of pants on anythine, much less a prop that they know is going to get shot over. To keep a heated agurment down, I paid the money but will never go to this match again as will the guy's with me. Have been shooting 3-gun for 20 yr.'s & have never seen ANYONE have to pay for a prop. that was hurt by accident. I don't know if the other shooter's were aware of it or not but felt inclined to tell everyone how I felt. The way my luck goes , I probley paid retail for the pant's.

Bennie,

When I was an RO at the RM3Gun this year I accidentally ran over a guys weapon and destroyed his scope........... within 3 minutes I had paid him for it without him asking to be paid. Even though he had gone beyond the marked off area and laid his weapon in grass which made it impossible for me to see because of the rain (I might have done the same as he did because of the conditions, so I did not bitch or complain).

If they said you would be liable you had a better warning than I did. I can not say it is fair but sounds like you, and they, learned a lesson. This is a long term/developing deal........

Why don't you offer to help them out next year by donating a shotgun or service package to them in trade, or just for the hell of it...good for you, and good for them.

It's all about love............

Guy Hawkins

P.S. Don't you owe me breakfast???? You will come out better than I did since my consumption level is not up to yours. LOL. Love you buddy!

Now where the hell is the next 3 gun match??????

Now thats a good question. The next one is in Alabama. 11/04-06/05. Come on down.

Area 6 3 Gun. Moss Branch Shooting Range Anniston AL. Join us.

Moss Branch Web Site

MHearn

I was told it is full................

Please let me know.

Guy

Guy

Come on down. Who ever told you that. Slap them upside the head for me. Plenty of slots remain. We'll get you a front row seat and buy you a Coke.

Mhearn

... and at the Mystery Mt. match (the largest 3-gun match in the world) if you shoot a prop, you get a stage DQ and depending on the damage, you may also have to pay for it.

I don't see it in their rules.

Can anybody else confirm this? A wall is a prop. If you shoot a wall inadvertantly at SMM3G you get DQ'ed?

At first I thought this thread was a joke. Once the suit went through all the shooters even if undamaged it would then be used and only worth 50.00. Why charge the 100.00? Announcing it in the shooters breifing isnt good enough. Once a shooter puts out the expense to travel they arent going to go home when they here this at the meeting. It needs to be made part of the entry form. So they can decide whether to attend or not before making all the arrangements.

I still find it hard to believe that a match would put something that they didnt want some type of wear on as a prop.

This is an example of why I personally will never shoot a 3 gun match that isnt following USPSA rules. The DQ for shooting a prop is another.

Simple , if you dont want props shot then dont design the satage where they can be, or at least dont make it where it is probable that they are damaged.

Benny I am suprised you paid it but then again you probably were in a position where you had no other choice.

Guy & Scott

It's not sold out, so send in your entry forms.

To whom it may concern:

It looks like a case of two wrongs don't make a right. Hats off to Benny for paying the man with out any problems. He paid for his mistake. Now I think it's time for someone else to pay up for putting the prop there in the first place. He can start by hearing the response of others, using an open mind to see his mistake, giving an apology here and offering his money back with an invitation to come back. I think this would be an end to the problem and show that both men are man enough to admit when they are wrong and learn from their mistakes. If this happens we all can learn something about running a match and how to conduct ourselves at a match. Good Luck Gentlemen

Ronnie

Edited by Still Praying