Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Warranty change

praetorian97

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/14/2020 at 1:16 PM, Racinready300ex said:

Or they just realized that their core customers being competitive shooters where taking advantage of their warranty. They have to be the only company in any industry you can buy their product chop it up, customize it and abuse it for years and then expect it to be fixed for free when it breaks. 

My friends was denied last year because the slide had been modified. 

I think forever no questions asked warranty to competitive shooters is a losing proposition too.  We just put too many rounds through the guns. They're gonna break eventually. But surely there's a reasonable happy medium. They went from 1 extreme to the other. Even Dillon does it..the 1050 is only a year, when their other presses are all lifetime. I asked them why one time  on a service call for my 650. He said because the classify the 1050 as a commercial machine. You would get commercial reloading shops putting a million rounds through them and then getting free parts constantly as they wear, and they'd go broke. Makes sense.

Well if they sell high dollar guns with questionable quality and cry about warranty returns, they are in the wrong path. 

Changing the customer base to tactical timmies who dont shoot their guns isn't a long term solution cause this gear loving show off group is going to move to next big thing when it comes out. 

3 hours ago, Kema said:

Well if they sell high dollar guns with questionable quality and cry about warranty returns, they are in the wrong path. 

Changing the customer base to tactical timmies who dont shoot their guns isn't a long term solution cause this gear loving show off group is going to move to next big thing when it comes out. 

unfortunately other 2011/1911 producers change their warranty too after sti.