Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ranger Proof Swag Trigger

fastlane604

Does anyone have the Long Ranger trigger or the Task Force Ranger trigger for Glocks by Ranger Proof Swag?  Failing that, have you shot one? The website advertises these triggers as eliminating all pre-travel.  In practice is that correct?  Is there no pre-travel at all?

Edited by fastlane604

I appreciate the opinions.  And I know, at least one is very well informed.  I would like to think there is a little bit of pre-travel.  However, that is not what the website, rangerproofswag.com, states. And there is an explanation as to why.  Is there anyone on this board that acutally has one?

Edited by fastlane604

DESCRIPTION

The Task Force Ranger represents a complete redesign of the flat-faced pre-travel reduction Glock trigger.
We designed it with three things in mind.

Safety.
The design of this trigger shoe leaves all three Glock safeties in place when properly installed. We increased the trigger safety length by 1/16th of an inch, broadened the safety head and conformed the head to the curve of the polymer frame it sits against. All of this provides internal safety stability and takes away movement and wobble. Secondly, we increased the trigger bar pocket 5 degrees allowing the trigger shoe to move forward just enough to force the cruciform onto the safety ledge. The result of these two changes makes this one of the safest after-market flat-faced triggers in the industry.

Reliability.
In this design, we removed the roll pin safety and spring retention and made this a one-sided Allen set screw. After application of Loctite, this Allen screw will NOT move. It is flush with the outer wall of the shoe and can be removed to exchange trigger safeties.

The trigger pull maintains the Glock factory poundage of about 5.5 lbs however, the pretravel is eliminated and when the trigger safety is depressed you are “at the pull wall”. The rubbery pull associated with a Glock trigger is gone, no more sandy, gritty, pre-travel to go through. It is a stable platform that will enhance your trigger pull. The “polymer wobble” is gone. Trigger reset is a very distinct click both via hearing and feel.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Bought one some years back before they were ranger proof. AIM carried them for a year or two and it looks like the company rebranded or sold to Ranger Proof. It was a trigger shoe only back then. At the time there were not nearly as many options as there are now.

I really like the trigger, but do not use it as much as I did originally. It coupled with springs, disconnector and an over travel screw made for a nice 3lb, short trigger. I believe the shoe has different pivot points so that the pre travel starts at the firing pin block. So prior to the break, there is still travel but a good bit less than a stock glock

I think what DK might want to say, but isn't going to say.... Is that this trigger shoe isn't going to do anything magical.  There's really not some new, magic trigger shoe geometry that can overcome other Glock trigger obstacles. 

There are only two types of "travel" in a Glock

Movement of the shoe/bar BEFORE it contacts the disconnector, and movement AFTER. 

The pre-travel (travel of the shoe/bar prior to engaging the disconnector) can be minimized, and even eliminated, but not without repercussions. 

When you do this, you're choosing to store more potential energy in the striker, and unless you modify the bar, you are most likely disabling the firing pin block. The former can be OK, if you take everything into account, and know how to keep all other safeties in tact.