Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Todd,

No, I've never shot IDPA. Mainly because of the "stories" I've heard from friends and The Great One. Too much silly stuff; too many judgement calls. It is competition, so it wouldn't be that difficult to eliminate most of the judgement calls, if they were so inclined. I hear it's changing for the better though, so maybe I'll try it out someday. And, I've heard the guy who runs our local matches does a good job...

be

• 2 weeks later...

Pat,

If you need a French judge for your next match, I can volunteer

Being serious now: I don't care at all about figure sjating, but even here in france, people say that you were robbed by the complot including the French judge.

This sport should just change its way to rank people: they should add targets and get a timer !!!! It might be more impartial.

(Edited by Jerome Poiret at 3:48 pm on Feb. 15, 2002)

(Edited by Jerome Poiret at 3:50 pm on Feb. 15, 2002)

If the IOC can't make it right to the Canadian skaters, maybe we should all kick into the hat and just buy those two some nice gold medals.  What are we talking about, a couple grand here?  

What an object lesson about what a sport should never become.   Damned frogs!!  :)  

Just got word from CNN.com that they are going to award a second set of Gold medals to the Canadians.  Not as good as telling them they won outright (which I think they did), but it is probably a better outcome.

Bruce

-- Olympic officials award gold medals to Canadian figure skaters Sale and Pelletier; international skating officials suspend judge.  Watch CNN or log on to http://CNN.com /AOL Keyword: CNN for the latest news.

YIKES - they suspended the judge!!!  How freaking crooked can you get - this SO cheapens the Olympics - are we really sure we want to hitch our wagon to this kind of crap?